HybridZ

Engine Head Utlility

Is anyone aware of a utlity that allows different Z engines with different head configurations and resulting compresseion ratios, and one that allows you to shave the head in steps to know the compression ratio results based on how much you shave. Thanks for any info you might have.

As an aside, I'm more than happy to update that utility with any/all data you guys have. You can email it to me however you want, but the prefered method is to use the tool to add the things you have, then press the `Export' button towards the bottom, and email me the text that pops up at the very bottom. Then it'll take me 2 seconds to copy/paste it in.

Regards,

Dave

As an aside, I'm more than happy to update that utility with any/all data you guys have. You can email it to me however you want, but the prefered method is to use the tool to add the things you have, then press the `Export' button towards the bottom, and email me the text that pops up at the very bottom. Then it'll take me 2 seconds to copy/paste it in.

Regards,

Dave

Dave,

What I'm trying to learn is what impact shaving a head will have on compression ratio, for example if an E31 head is installed on a L26, and the resulting CR is 8.5:1, what will it be if the head is shaved .20, or .30 etc. If you can help wiht this it would be tremendous !

Thanks, Jerry Mitchell

Jerry,

To extend the calculator to do that would be pretty trivial given the following information:

Is the combustion chamber a circle shape where it means the head gasket?

And if not, what is the surface area of the shape that it is? (e.g. the Kidney shape found in P90 heads)

With those two pieces of information calculating the change in combustion chamber volume for a given shaving amount will be quite easy, assuming for very small shaving values, such that the change in surface area as you progress `deeper' into the head is minimal.

Perhaps in the mean time I'll add a shave field with the head value that just assumes the combustion chamber is a circle and the same size as the bore?

Dave

Dave,

I'm specifically working on an E31 head , which has the quench chambers like the P90, (egg shape) and a L26 engine. I don't want to cut the haed too much, but I'm trying to get to around 10: 1 CR. Thanks,

Jerry Mitchell

Edited by Speed RaZer