HybridZ

V8 Z wanted.

tonys18t

I'm looking for a swapped pre 1975 Z ( or post 75 is OK if your car will pass California smog )

V8 Chevy or Ford, injection or carb, stock or custom

I need a car that is driveable and will consider anything from a beater to a clean finished car.

I'm located in Southern California and will pay a fair price for the right car. ( up to $10k )

let me know whats out there

I have a 71' 240Z that I just finished a month ago. It's a 350, 4 bolt main w/ TH350 auto. I've upgraded the suspension and brakes as well. I've put a lot of effort in the swap and it rides and runs great. Body has no rust issues.

I'm in Oceanside.

760-583-5839.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tony...that's why you need to buy my car. :P

you have a PM, I see a trip to Oceanside coming

i know of a 73 240z in MN totally restored orange with black interior, if you're interested send me an email at buyaz2@hotmail.com I'm sure we can get you all the info and make arrangements to get it to you

emailed you

Already been to see that one. thanks for looking out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I feel the need to warn you guys against letting Tony test drive your cars, unless you appreciate people doing burnouts, numerous WOT pulls, and otherwise abusing your vehicle in every possible way.

I'm relatively certain that he has no intention of buying a v8z, as he lied about going to see another vehicle in Oceanside after abusing my vehicle.

Just a heads up because I wish I had been warned, avoid this guy like the plague.

Joe

Right.

And the fact that you talked all about rolling fenders when you were here must be a coincidence. Also telling me that you had a car wanted post on hybridz... and thats why I have your phone number in my phone a 19 minute call on October 6th, just like its in this post here :

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/70092-fender-roller-for-rental-program-actually-a-loaner/page__st__20__p__896802#entry896802

Making yourself more of a Liar. Nice move.

The denial bit simply affirms my suspicion that you have no intention of buying a V8Z.

Again, fellow hybridz guys, Do not let this man test drive your car. If he shows up, drive the car for him, and don't hand over the keys until you have the cash in hand.

Joe

wow....but yea...i wouldnt ever hand someone the keys to my car to let them drive unless they handed me the cash...incase they dont come back, wreck the car, etc. But thats pretty jacked to just go beat up on someones car and not buy it, any reason why or really dont have the cash? This thread should get really interesting...or itll go to the shed.

Whatever you say :mellow:

I've called several people who have answered this thread or PMed me ( as well as cars on ebay and Craigslist ) about a Z

i'm guessing this is you craigslist ad. yours didnt sound like i wanted to make a trip out there to see it. as i said, i've never met you.

1975 Datsun 280Z with chevy V8 - $4500 (Oceanside)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-10-07, 5:15PM PDT

Reply to: sale-drz5k-1994676720@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to have to do this... But I've decided that I really need a daily driver that is more tame than my V8Z.

Here's the high points: 350 chevy engine T5 world Class Toyota 4x4 Vented front brake setup 240SX rear disc brake conversion Center console mounted brake proportioning valve New Brake master cylinder. Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable struts, with matching lowering springs. Poly-urethane bushings Recovered seats New MSD distributor New Alternator with billet brackets Holley 750 vacuum secondary with adjustable metering block and quick change vacuum secondary spring kit. New Optima Battery New tires Ceramic coated headers. The interior, body work, and a lot of finishing details are not complete. It does run and drive well and fast. The pictures say the rest. I've dropped the price to $4500, or will trade, possibly with additional cash, for a 96-97 e300 mercedes, or a 81-88 300SD plus cash.

-------------------------------------------------------------

also is strange how none of the owners who i've actually met and driven their cars ( a few are forum members ) have bad things to say.

...but you carry on,

Fellow Hybridz members:

I can guarantee with 100% certainty that I am not wrongly accusing this man. I wouldn't call someone out without being sure.

Anyhow, I've done what is right for the community, by warning everyone about this joyrider.

I'm done.

Tony, it all comes back around. Have a karmically appropriate life.

Fellow Hybridz members:

I can guarantee with 100% certainty that I am not wrongly accusing this man. I wouldn't call someone out without being sure.

Anyhow, I've done what is right for the community, by warning everyone about this joyrider.

I'm done.

Tony, it all comes back around. Have a karmically appropriate life.

Hey your pic is really blurry, Is that an F4i?