HybridZ

Zed/Nissan-friendly Autronic pro

thehelix112

Guys,

As per topic, anyone here a distributer/guru when it comes to autronics? Lemme give some background in case anyone is:

I own an Autronic SMC, I have also bought a VK56DE to convert my 1978 280Z to. I previously wired up the SMC to run the L28ET in my 240Z in Australia.

I am in need of advice when it comes to running this far newer engine. I am also in need of a fresh wiring loom so I can write up my 280Z.

How much is one? I've been in touch with machine-ep.com and they run around $300 for a new loom. Does anyone have any experience running a VK with an Autronic? I seem to recall the autronics being very fussy about ignition signals. For reference, this pictures shows a stock cam on the left, and a modification on the right designed to drive a VH45 computer: http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm178/kscherbaum/?action=view&current=VKCamsetc001.jpg

I have yet to pull the inspection cover off my engine, but hopefully this will yeild a clue. Do you think its likely that the two independent signals from the two cams are simply fed into the single input to the ECU? Is the SMC going to be capable of consuming this input?

I have a v1.91 SMC chipset, which is unfortunate coz apparently the v1.92 is the one that will accept a more normal 60-2 trigger wheel.

Many thanks,

Dave