HybridZ

speaker install you like?

15YRPROJECTZ

are those 5"s in the front? and what material did you mount them to?

yes they are 5". I took the old wood/cardboard stuff off the walls and straced the pattern on to new wood/carboard(Home Depot).

Glued on the section that holds the speaker. then carpet.... so it slide ride in.

• 2 weeks later...

How did you make the sub boxes? are they ported? did you make them, or have someone else do it? material? I would be very interested in hearing about it, you have done about the only speaker setup for a z that i have really liked. everything else has kinda been settling for less with the given amount of space...

How did you make the sub boxes? are they ported? did you make them, or have someone else do it? material? I would be very interested in hearing about it, you have done about the only speaker setup for a z that i have really liked. everything else has kinda been settling for less with the given amount of space...

I made the speakers boxes out of fibreglass. Here are pics without the carpit. Audio guy said I didn't need to have the box ported and these speaker don't need much cubit ft in the back.

Yes space is very limited. I was going to put 2 12" sub but could find the space. I still wanted room for a lunch bag or something.

This was my first attemp making a box and working with fibreglass. I spent around 100+ on fibreglass resin 30 on carpit.

I'm sure anyone can do this. Thanks and good luck

fiberglass.bmp

post-6015-074034700 1281961890_thumb.jpg

Is the spare tire well now rendered useless? Also, how much weight did this add to the car?

Spare tire hold another amp and other eletronics and the cheesy neon lightt that turns on when the base hits.

(future plans) I will be cuting out the name datsun behind the amp and the light will shine behind that.

They are very light. Box is made out of fibreglass except for the wood rings to screw the speakers in.

Maybe total weigth is 8 pounds.

Well the speakers and equipment are much heavier than that...

I'm not a fan of adding all that bulk in the hatch area

Better choice IMO is what others have done to flip the spare tire upside down and mount a sub above it... Sounds great, you keep the hatch for what it was intended for and you also still have a spare

The neon lights are ridiculous

Well the speakers and equipment are much heavier than that...

I'm not a fan of adding all that bulk in the hatch area

Better choice IMO is what others have done to flip the spare tire upside down and mount a sub above it... Sounds great, you keep the hatch for what it was intended for and you also still have a spare

The neon lights are ridiculous

Yes off course the speaker are heavier I was talking about the boxes in general.

LOL I know the neon lights are ridiclous that's probably why I haven't done it. Thanks for your input

• 2 weeks later...