HybridZ

Optimizing mopar mount

So the few quality threads there are on the mopar swap seem to have the concensus that utilizing the stock block adapter and mopar biscuit mount place the block fairly close to the firewall, maybe not JTR sbc close but near it. My next concern was vertical positioning of the block in the bay. I found a post by a member who had started this swap and it shows two different mounting ears to connect to block. If you consider the fact that the mopar rubber biscuit allows for some minor y axis swivel and offset plus minor slotting of mounting holes similar to slotting datsun tower per JTR you might be able to create some optimal mounting.

moparmounts.jpg

Based on these two it appears as if you could save an inch or so by utilizing the car mount but it creates a horizontal offset. Do you think this will help? I'd prefer to not have to run a cowl hood if possible or at least as small of a cowl as possible. The reason I'd like to go with the big block is the larger bore and stronger block, let's face it for future mods there is no replacement. Once I get these small issues ironed out be expecting a full mopar swap thread in the project section

• 3 weeks later...