HybridZ

Odd Ball Holley 390 cfm Carburetor

Moltar

I have an interesting Holley 390 cfm carburetor.

This carburetor was designed for small engines in mind (the old Pinto/Vega 4 cylinder motors for example). It utilizes a reverse power valve which also pretty unique.

Here is a link to all the info on the 6299 (I figured direct reference is better than me loosely quoting him).

Holley 6299 History

Carb was brand new when I bought it 8 months ago, and it has maybe 20 miles on it. I replaced both float needles, accelerator pump diaphram, as well as the power valve (#6). Both the float bowl gaskets as well as the metering block gaskets have been replaced with the Holley blue non-stick type gaskets.

Comes with a box of jets (sizes: 43, 44, 45, 47, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53), power valve block off plate, and a partially used rebuild kit (I used the rebuild kit to get the carburetor back up to spec after sitting for a few months).

What it needs is a reverse power valve from a 6299 rebuild kit, which can be found here.

I have a normal power valve in there right now, and I don't know how well it will work (you can always use the supplied power valve block off plate).

Asking $175 shipped, or $140 local. Both are OBO.

~Thanks

• 8 years later...
On 8/11/2010 at 11:04 AM, Moltar said:

I have an interesting Holley 390 cfm carburetor.

This carburetor was designed for small engines in mind (the old Pinto/Vega 4 cylinder motors for example). It utilizes a reverse power valve which also pretty unique.

Here is a link to all the info on the 6299 (I figured direct reference is better than me loosely quoting him).

Holley 6299 History

Carb was brand new when I bought it 8 months ago, and it has maybe 20 miles on it. I replaced both float needles, accelerator pump diaphram, as well as the power valve (#6). Both the float bowl gaskets as well as the metering block gaskets have been replaced with the Holley blue non-stick type gaskets.

Comes with a box of jets (sizes: 43, 44, 45, 47, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53), power valve block off plate, and a partially used rebuild kit (I used the rebuild kit to get the carburetor back up to spec after sitting for a few months).

What it needs is a reverse power valve from a 6299 rebuild kit, which can be found here.

I have a normal power valve in there right now, and I don't know how well it will work (you can always use the supplied power valve block off plate).

Asking $175 shipped, or $140 local. Both are OBO.

~Thanks

I'd like to buy this if still available text me at 734-748-1609