HybridZ

how the heck do you put a window in

streeteg

So in order for my door to line up-- it needs to be slammed. In directing my buddy to do so he over did it--- breaking hte passenger glass. I got a fresh window. Removed all broken glass (although I am sure I will sit on a piece at the perfect time) Removed all the screws--- but have no idea how to get the window actually bolted up! The bolts screw in from between the door skin and the glass--- making it easy to disassemble when the window is in 1000 pieces, but not so much when you have a full piece of glass. Am I missing something? I feel like the door and the skin separate but it looks like one piece on my door.....

It wasn't that hard for me I have done it a few times, If you have the rails which the window slides on already installed just slide the window into those slots in the rails in the door. Then roll the window crank down until the holes line up in the middle I believe then roll the window up to get access to the far end holes. I'm not sure if this is the right sequence but once you slide the window down the slots you will be able to figure it out.

Actually the best 'trick' for installation is spelled out pretty well in the FSM along with a physical drawing/photograph of what angle you want to use to drop it in and get it all lined up.

My trick is lubricating everything before installation, and using two of the window rollers on the outside of the door like the JDM cars used---keeps the window from rattling like it does in US Market cars. You can see the cutout on the door skin where the roller clips further back. US Cars got one, JDM cars got two. They are the same roller, you just have to scrounge some extras off doors in the JY.

• 2 weeks later...