HybridZ

Help ID ing these louvers

MurphyEF

Alright, so I picked up these louvers:post-9653-096404500 1282096646_thumb.jpg from a guy that said he pulled them off of his ZX. I took them home, and realised that they wouldn't fit my ZX. First off, the mounting area that I have is a metal strip across my hatch window with two sets of bolts and nuts. The mounting hinges on these :post-9653-083885300 1282096660_thumb.jpgare in the wprng spot by a few inches. Also, I don't have any areas for the bottom part of the louvers to screw into. This louver set has four thumb screws that are supposed to screw in : post-9653-020485100 1282096677_thumb.jpg. These louvers also have two little props for cleaning the window :post-9653-028616700 1282096694_thumb.jpg.

Can anybody tell me what Zcar these might have come off of? If a ZX, was it the later model? The ZX I bought them for is a '79. Are these just a custom mount kind of deal regardless? Thanks for any info!

I bought louvers that were fabricated the same way as those but with rounded off sides and only one spine, assuming aftermarket. I just drilled a few holes in my hatch... Did the zx actually have louvers as a factory option anyway? Seems like any louvers would have to be custom installed as they would all mismatch.

I am unsure as to wether they were a factory option, but it would appear that I have a mounting strip for a set of louvers.

I had forgotten to mention, the louvers get wider the farther down they go. They are about the right size for my window up near the top of the hatch, but near the bottom, they are nearly as wide as the hatch itself. I'm unsure if this is due to it laying flat for an extended period of time or not. I will take pictures of my "louver mounting tab" in the morning and post them here.

• 2 weeks later...

They look like the same set that I have on a 83 280ZXT that I picked up a few months ago. I can snap a few pics of it if it will help you out.

I think it would greatly. If it's the same, maybe I just need louvers for the first half of the ZX's. Thank you for your response!