HybridZ

clutch feel with out springs??

Thanks. Im actually using a new stock master cylinder from a turbo 280zx in conjunction with an ls1 T56. Ive bled it using the Mityvac way, and the pedal is soft, but not mushy, but I dont have the springs on and the pedal returns on its own. Im a week or two away from getting it running, so I dont really know if the clutch is disengaging or not. thanks.

not sure if anyone cares but i went out and bought the cheapest clutch i could (it had the same "spec's" as the exedy clutch) and installed it and has the lightest feel to it, almost like its not there but its been going hard for 6months or so and i am not kind to it in the slightest.

not sure if anyone cares but i went out and bought the cheapest clutch i could (it had the same "spec's" as the exedy clutch) and installed it and has the lightest feel to it, almost like its not there but its been going hard for 6months or so and i am not kind to it in the slightest.

Hey, I havent got my car running and I just bleed my clutch. I was wondering how soft is the pedal with out the springs connected?

I don't have a spring hooked up on my 240sx, feels like a normal clutch pedal.

EDIT: Tip for bleeding the clutch. When you bleed it. Have somebody pump it and hold it. The when you crack the bleeder, have them keep holding it. While you remove the slave cylinder from the transmission. Push the piston backwards to force air trapped in front of the bleeder on the piston out of the bleeder. Reinstall the slave cylinder then tighten the bleeder. Make sure the said person holding the clutch never lets up during this process! Hope this helps, I did it with my 240sx and it made a world of difference.

Kinser

Edited by ModernS30

Just to touch on the slave cylinder topic, when I remove the 2 bolts to remove the cylinder, will the withdrawal lever come out with it? Is the lever part of the assembly? And when I order a new one, will it come with a new lever?

My system leaks between the dust cap and operating cylinder intermittinly but still maintains pressure so I have a feeling I will need to replace this.