HybridZ

rusty z31 please help

wthorne

Okay so i bought this 86 z31 not knowing alot about looking under the car! I have gone ahead and done about 3k worth of restoration to it. Just to discover that the drivers side {where the frame bushing connects} is rusted out. It is rusted out up under the seat a hold about 13" around. It has not rusted all the way, and the rear end is still attached very well but my mechanic told me that it was unsafe to drive as the rear end could break loose?? What can I do I cant give up on the car now.. PLEASE HELP

Okay so i bought this 86 z31 not knowing alot about looking under the car! I have gone ahead and done about 3k worth of restoration to it. Just to discover that the drivers side {where the frame bushing connects} is rusted out. It is rusted out up under the seat a hold about 13" around. It has not rusted all the way, and the rear end is still attached very well but my mechanic told me that it was unsafe to drive as the rear end could break loose?? What can I do I cant give up on the car now.. PLEASE HELP

No help here. You made a mistake. There are too many z31's available in good condition for less than you've spent already.