HybridZ

MarkhamZ 280Z - new paint pics

Hey guys. Here are some crappy pics I just took of my 1977 280Z with its new paint. Mark that bodyman did a great job...if anyone in Alberta is looking for bodywork/paint, I'd highly recommend him. Car was sitting in a barn for 15 years before I rescued it in 2006. You can see from my sig that the focus to date has been on mechanical and making it fast (est. about 325 rwhp at 10 psi). 3 years ago I need it to look better (drove it to Bakersfield, CA and back for 18 months), so painted it with white Rustoleum (sorry I dont have any before pics). When we gave it to Mark it had a green FG fender, a black door, a grey (stock paint) hatch, several colours of inspection doors and lots of rust where the old rear chunky monkey bumpers fit.

Mark turned it into a beaut...and for only $3200. He did a ton of extra work and never charged for it. Great guy. HE also did JimCanuck's 73 and some of the other Calgary S30s.

Still lots of work to do, starting with the suspension next year. Until then, it is my DD and for the next two months I'll be driving over the Rocky Mountains every two weeks between White Rock, BC and Calgary, AB. Last trip i got between 20 and 26 mpg. Still lots of tuning left on the Wolf V500.

I'll try to post better pics another day...waited too late today so the sun is too low.

Markham

post-2492-009813300 1283559441_thumb.jpg

post-2492-097632700 1283559463_thumb.jpg

post-2492-082631700 1283559482_thumb.jpg

post-2492-080092300 1283559500_thumb.jpg

Forgot to add that the paint I had chosen was a Nissan 3-stage, which was too expensive. I had already moved to BC, so gave Mark instructions on what I was looking for and he picked a 1969 Camaro Dover White. Hard to see in the pics, but it is not bright white, almost a cream but not quite. The paint selection was absolutely perfect...he did a much better job than me!!

• 1 month later...

I think if you tried hard, you could do better. And just to make things easy for you where you won't have to suffer the head-down shame of driving it around while you think about things, I'll offer you a place to park it. Just drop off the keys and leave it in the driveway. I'll generously offer to keep her here as long as you need.\