HybridZ

Nelsonian 240z

1 hour ago, Nelsonian said:

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm trying to blend in the metal version of YZ flares much like the Ztrix would. The idea was to completely replicate the fiberglass YZ flares in metal, weld, clean up to blend smoothly. 

ya thats the hard part, doing mine right now. Trying to have eveything flow is a pain.

@Nelsonian Much respect on chassis reinforcements and welding! having spent months now on metalwork, I certainly recognize the effort. Unlike bolt-on mechanical work, there is an extreme swing in attention to detail and durability/longevity with metalwork. Sealing the seams from future corrosion, minding unnecessary weld material for weight, primer adhesion, sealer coat (epoxy), undercoating. On and on.... 

How low do you plan to mount your seat? My car now is mounted to the floor. I'm short (5'8"), so I'm thinking of raising it an inch when i replace the driver side floor board. Just cant see all that well that low LOL!

W

8 hours ago, AydinZ71 said:

@Nelsonian Much respect on chassis reinforcements and welding! having spent months now on metalwork, I certainly recognize the effort. Unlike bolt-on mechanical work, there is an extreme swing in attention to detail and durability/longevity with metalwork. Sealing the seams from future corrosion, minding unnecessary weld material for weight, primer adhesion, sealer coat (epoxy), undercoating. On and on.... 

How low do you plan to mount your seat? My car now is mounted to the floor. I'm short (5'8"), so I'm thinking of raising it an inch when i replace the driver side floor board. Just cant see all that well that low LOL!

Way back along time ago when the car was at Time Machine Racecraft in Oceanside, I had Tho remove the old stock rails and put in new rails/floors and a custom flat bar to work with the Evo 9 Recaro seats that I have. I am also short (5'8") and have metal spacers to raise the seats as needed. I still need to make a last round trip up to Tho to finish the rear stitch welding, cut out the spare tire well for a Radium Engineering fuel cell/FCST and a rear battery install whenever I can afford all that.

post-736-085427500 1288492644.jpg

post-736-018398900 1283731248 (1)_IRFV.jpg