HybridZ

Love at first Z

jakeoster

Well today I had to go to my college to meet up with a few people for a study group. I normally take the train but as I walked out I saw my Z and I just couldn't pass up the urge to go for a drive since it's been sitting for a week. I get into the parking lot and slam the door as usual while getting out (you Z guys know how it is). As I look up a nice looking Japanese girl walks up to me and says "hi!" At first I was kind of shocked because I work at the bookstore on campus where many Japanese girls come in and they are always extremely introverted and don't make any eye contact. I say "hi can I help you?" like a total dork. She smiles and runs her hand across the fender mirror and follows the line of the Z and says "I love your car." I respond with a thanks and start up some small talk (what's your name etc...) She then said "my father has a 240z, he passed away...it was orange like this one and had mirrors like these but it was a little different." I respond with a sorry, I never know what to say to those kind of things. "I used to help him work on it before he was sick, it had wide wheels and a really fast engine, I think you call it twin turbo" she said. I spoke out "watanabes?" and she perked up shaking her head up and down "yes yes!" then she stretches her hands out trying to show width. At this point my jaw is gaped open in awe, never thought something like this would ever happen. I offer to walk her to wherever she is going. She then told me of how he used to race on the highways late at night on the weekends when she was a little girl and how much she wanted to go. She is from Osaka and has only been in the US for a month. I asked her about the engine and she says that she only remembers that it is a twin turbo and her father built it a long time ago. The Z is in storage back in Osaka because she couldn't stand the thought of getting rid of it and convinced her mother to keep it. At this point I am totally into this girl and offer her my number and she asks if I am busy at the moment, "no" I say (lol who needs to study right?) we get into a big conversation and I offer to take her for a ride to go get sone lunch. She practically jumps into the air and says "yes!" she walks over to the drivers side and patiently waits for me to open the door. I ask if she wants to drive and she smiles and runs over to the other side and says I forgot you drive on the wrong side. As we were driving she was in like heaven, it was kind of cool. After lunch she pecks me on the cheek and asks if I would like to date. Interesting way to meet a girl huh?

In the words of James May: "Did this particular event happen on DVD or pay per view?"

Congrats man, I think that type of thing is only a wet dream for us young Z owners. I'm married now and the wife thinks the Z is ugly, so consider yourself super duper lucky. Get us some pics of her and the car if she's got any!

Exactly ^^ haha [i was waiting for the punch line that never came]

Cool story, usually only guys come up to my car to drool over it. :blink:

Hahaha. All I could think about was some corny fast and furious type movie where she ends up stealing his car. Haha

Definitely need pics of both car and girl.

Yea I know, I usually get a lot of rice boys telling me this and that. Lately a lot of 350z owners have taken notice.

She actually called my Z slow haha, even though it's the truth. More reason to get the RB25 in and cranking =p

I'll see if I can get her to give me a picture of her fathers old car. For all I know she could just be bsing lol.

I usually get older guys who want to reminisce about their old Z and how you steer the car with the pedal. I did have one girl who I let sit in the drivers seat and asked me if it was a race car... I should have lied.

The only thing that car had in common with a race car when I first got it was the color of my knuckles while trying to keep it straight going down the freeway at 60mph.

Probably would of been a bad idea to let anyone else drive it, though I did offer her because I'm such a nice guy

Edited by goodoldjam

The only thing girls say about my car now is that it looks TOO mean/angry, and that they don't like it. Guys need a bib when looking at it. Most don't even know what it is. It wasn't that way when it was more stock. Then the girls said it looked "cute" Blah..

Oh geez, I can't stand the "cute" comment. Granted, it could be worse, like "OMG what a POS" or something similar, but seriously, I didn't just spend hours upon hours of labor, not to mention thousands of dollars in body modifications, to have my car look "cute". Oh well. At least it's easier to get them in a "cute" car.