HybridZ

my build so far

I'm with Gothalosism I would bring it forward a bit. Much respect for taking on the job of fabbing your own cowl hood and not just buying one. Nice grille emblem cool.gif

How close is the top of the air cleaner to being flush with the hood without that spacer? Looks close in the pics but i could be wrong.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Been following your build and like what i'm seeing. Can't wait to see the power numbers you're making! Love the sound of the car out on the road too....giving me a little motivation for the work to be done this winter, now if I can just get back home from working on the road....

thanks guys. I'm not really sure what kind of power I'm making anymore. last winter the motor I had built made 335hp and 384 ft lbs of torque, at the crank. that block was 170k miles old and worn out. this spring a rod let go and I put all my parts in a new block and replaced all of the bearings. I'd like to think that I'm making more power now because the motor is nice and tight. as far as power at the wheels, I have no idea. I'll have to put the car on a dyno in the coming spring/summer

Great. I've got a brand new replacement radiator from my 76' 280Z that I was thinking of using in my 75' 280Z that is getting a 350/700r4 in the coming weeks. Glad to know that it is working well for you. Saves me some cash on the swap :-)

Edited by Fastzdriver

Just curious are you running the exhaust setup you had in earlier pics(true duals through those low hanging mufflers)? Also what cam are you running? It sounds great, I was trying to decided on an exhaust for mine and most sbcs sound raspy and hollow.

the exhaust is 2.25" true dual pipes, no crossover, into pypes m-80 mufflers. they're essentially glasspacks. rear exit as of now looks like this

272655_1919981123439_1359360091_31787725_908444_o.jpg

the cam is from comp cams summit racing part #cca-08-422-8

grind# CS XR270HR-10

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-08-422-8/

I am extremely happy with my current combination, but things may change in the future.