HybridZ

my build so far

yes, I saw that. But I bet it isn't smooth with that cable snaking around like that, especially with that pita TV cable. the idea is to keep the throttle cable as straight as possible, so the extension of the pedal rod towards the center of the car will straighten out the cable. just a fyi.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes, I saw that. But I bet it isn't smooth with that cable snaking around like that, especially with that pita TV cable. the idea is to keep the throttle cable as straight as possible, so the extension of the pedal rod towards the center of the car will straighten out the cable. just a fyi.

I think he understood you. I dont think he cares.

168092_1594227419800_1359360091_31376783_3978544_n.jpg

179596_1594271100892_1359360091_31376821_1395033_n.jpg

bought a new aluminum fuel cell(17 gallon capacity)

ordered up an edelbrock performer RPM Air Gap intake, cam from comp cams, ARP head studs, GM performance parts valve covers. picked up a set of sportsman II cylinder heads, and ordered a new set of gaskets. these next few weeks are going to be fun.

so I posted my old vortec cylinder heads and intake on Craigslist for sale or trade. I'll be trading for a little bit of engine work, the motor is gonna go on a dyno for the cam break-in, tuning, and of course it'll be dynoed too. so I'll have some solid numbers on what this thing puts out. sounds like an even trade to me!

• 4 weeks later...

whats left to do on the car...

reverse lockout and reverse light switch need to be wired. new starter. clutch hydraulics need to be installed. trans x-member needs to be installed. fuel cell needs to be mounted and plumbed. radiator has to go back in. exhaust needs to be finished.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to get a set of 3/8" header flanges and 2 sets of header gaskets to push the headers a little further out so I could clear the angle plugs that the heads have...

DSC_0033-4.jpg

DSC_0034-5.jpg

DSC_0035-4.jpg

the t5 and t56 slave cylinders both use a quick connect fitting for the factory hydraulic line. I'm not using the factory line, but I was able to find an adapter fitting that goes to a -3AN line, same size as my Wilwood master cylinder. It was not a cheap fitting though.

another thing I came across, t56 slave cylinders have no bleeder valve, t5 slaves do. so I went with the t5 slave, it was cheaper too!

DSC_0036-4.jpg

DSC_0037-3.jpg

DSC_0038-3.jpg

DSC_0039-3.jpg

DSC_0045-2.jpg

more progress...

had my clutch line made, got some AN fittings, plumbed the fuel line, and the clutch line. I'm having a wee bit of trouble getting the clutch completely bled out. but I'm working on it.

DSC_0046-2.jpg

DSC_0047-2.jpg

DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_0050-1.jpg

DSC_0052-2.jpg

We also got the car running today, after having to go and buy a new starter.

YouTube - 330hp 350 sbc in 1977 Datsun 280Z