HybridZ

injectors not spraying help!

korn

ok so the car is still not staying on due to injectors not spraying, i changed fuel pump, fuel tank w/ sending unit, fuel rail, injectors and ecu ( all good used parts).

I have two set's of stock injectors, i installed them both and nothing. (i know its not the injectors or could bad luck run that high!!)

I did get the ecu out of a non running car. maybe that ecu was bad i dont know!!

if i spray starting fluid it will turn on and stay on while maintainin spraying..it will rev and all..but as oon as i let the spray go it die's

Im starting to think is wiring problems or somthing the guy i bout it from did say he had taken it to a michanic and he said it was an electric proplem

the guy didnt believe him so he never fixed it..i checked the all wiring and cant find a problem...

I anybody has any ideas let a brotha know...thanks guys

Edited by korn

get a noid light and see if the injectors are getting a pulse. If not then you need to start tracing wiring back to the ecu. what is your fuel pressure? if not at spec (30-36psi) she won't run. just cause you got a new pump means nothing without checking the pressure at the rail. download the fsm from xenon if you haven't done so already.

"noid light" right-on, ill get one friday!! Car's got great pressure at the rail..

Checked fusible links already..

i got this car for 300 bucks not bad at all execpt this problem.

ill post some pixs

Edited by korn

I'm not sure if the ZX has them but there is a set of resistors that control the injectors and if they go bad they won't work, you can research about that, I can't remember the specific name of them at the moment. Also I'm not sure if the ZX has it but if it does check the fuel Injection relay it controls the fuel pump and injectors.

yea i dont think mine has resistors on the injectors.

fuel pump relay checked and it fine.

as far as fusible links i just checked voltage. i guess i still need alot more checking to do.

fuel pressure is at 35psi

im telling u guys everything seems to be working fine just no spray from injectors its weird. "for me at least"

Edited by korn

Have you "listened" to the injectors with a stethoscope (or a big screwdriver) while you are cranking the engine? You should be hearing a pronounced clicking (opening & closing of injector); if not, the injector(s) may be stuck. This could have been caused from the the engine not being run for an extended period of time (months).