HybridZ

L series motor plate

spork

Well, as some may know, I purchased Stony's black 260z drag car as a roller. I'm in the process of getting the engine and trans mounted (L-series w/ powerglide). I've got my midplate figured out and how it'll mount, but was trying to figure out a front motor plate. Honestly, it looks like it would be a mess. Has anyone done one on a l-series? If so, where did you attach it to the engine? Got any pictures? Should I skip the idea of a front motor plate and just solid mount at the stock motor mount locations? Is there any big advantage to the motor plate vs solid mounts in the stock locations on the block?

Tony, you don't happen to have any pictures? I was pretty sure that the electramotive car used a motor plate...but I haven't come up with pictures any where. I've been skimming through books and websites without much luck so far. Like I said, I've got the midplate handled, but where to attach the front plate just looks kinda hairy.

There is a photo of the rear of the engine, showing the turbocharger piping on the dyno like if you were standing to the driver's side 3/4 view. The engine/trans plate is clearly on there, and if I recall, there is a bit down below that you can make out for the 'front' mount. With the engine laid over as much as they did, I'm wondering if it wasn't just a front single prop like a tripod mounting arrangement.

I'm near U-Tapao AFB Thailand, and my copy is several days travel away, otherwise I could do a quick browsing and give you page numbers.

This isn't much help, but (you can see why a shot on the dyno is more helpful!)...

post-380-021711300 1284341503_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tony D