HybridZ

NEW.... Composite ideas!

azcarbum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see carbon kevlar parts for the S30. Hood/ZG flares/spoiler. Also, you guys should start offering some different "universal" S30 parts - Diffusors, gauge holder (custom center stack to replace OEM HVAC/Radio/etc), etc.

DSC07398.jpg

IMG_4943.jpg

I love the look on my Brides! These are for the S30 - would love some matching parts. mybrides.jpg

Edited by rnye

Still hoping that you would seriously consider making the top steering column clamshell with a centered, rounded 2-1/16" gauge provision for a boost or air/fuel gauge, with turn signal indicators for those of us that have changed to aftermarket speedo/tach's.

+1 (I could live without the turn signal indicators)

Rear diffuser would be awesome.

As far as bang for your buck, i would do a pillar gauge pod. NO ONE makes one that fits.

I would like to see

-Dash (maybe with 1 more gauge in the center?)

-Center Console

-Doors. not just skins, lets ditch our rust depositories while we are at it :)

-1 piece fender/headlight buckets

-Side skirts like below. (well i will have to upload that later, i dont have the pic on this computer) but it is a rust color z with black wheels and has a very clean sideskirt on it that goes on the door, fender and rear quarter.

post-980-032673400 1316391860_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'd personally like to modernize the entire interior. All interior plastic panels modified to give the car a modern "factory" look... Console, door panels (already in progress), rear plastic side panels with speaker pods... Ect ect ect

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's not a new idea but is anybody running anything like these ?

http://www.carbonfib...on-fiber-wheel/

Forgeline wheels here in dayton was making prototypes CF wheels. Last I knew Dave (the owner) considered them too unstable to use.

I'd really really like to see a vented 280z hood in CF or fiberglass, all I've seen is the 240z. Or even one like Mark Rolston's Z.

Edited by spitsnaugle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Bump.

Anybody actually come up with anything good?

Earlier I saw someone mention a glass alternative? What's this versus carbon fibre? Wouldn't it just shatter because it's... Uhh, glass? Lol

And Kevlar. Mmmm. Kevlar would be amazing!!

Edited by Zinger

There is a solution for CF/Fiber glass air dams - clear bra. If you want to keep the paint on your air damn this stuff is pretty amazing. 3M is one of the better product out there but there are others. Works with cones too ;)

+1

I've got the entire front end of my STI done, (Subaru paint is notoriously prone to chipping) and it still looks factory fresh after many offload excursions! :D

How about a smooth rear panel to replace the one with all the holes when we go bumperless? Maybe offer them with different exhaust cutouts or a rear diffuser (could reduce some of the fumes).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still hoping that you would seriously consider making the top steering column clamshell with a centered, rounded 2-1/16" gauge provision for a boost or air/fuel gauge, with turn signal indicators for those of us that have changed to aftermarket speedo/tach's.

+2 Just tell me where to send the check.

I'm also up for replacements for the interior plastic trim panels. And the rear interior quarter panels with the vapor tank bump removed.