HybridZ

LS1 return line HELP!

Ok, I've got my fittings and lines all ready to go but have a question I can't seem to figure out. The LS1 does not have a return line on the fuel rail. I understand the Camaro had an in tank regulator and return but I am using an aftermarket stainless tank with return lines. Doesn't the LS1 already have a pressure regulator on the fuel rail? What is the easiest way to add the return line. I don't really want to purchase the Street and Performance rails with built in return. Please help me out, I'm trying to run my fuel lines today.

THANKS

ktmp,

I purchased my hard line, steel braided line and -AN fittings from Summit as well. If no one post the information, I will go through my folder of receipts. I used this thread from LS1tech as a guide http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1188666-fuel-line-plumbing-corvette-fuel-filter-reg.html.

Edited by Dudeboy

ktmp,

I purchased my hard line, steel braided line and -AN fittings from Summit as well. If no one post the information, I will go through my folder of receipts. I used this thread from LS1tech as a guide http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1188666-fuel-line-plumbing-corvette-fuel-filter-reg.html.

I installed a Aeroquip FPR with built in fitting for the return. The hose going in on the left side top is the feed, the one on the bottom is the return and the one on the right side goes to the fuel rail.

On_the_Road_240Z_LS1_and_510_godbye_055.jpg

On_the_Road_240Z_LS1_and_510_godbye_053.jpg

David my fuel delivery is similar to yours. I hope you do not mind, as I use that picture to figure out the placement of the FPR.

KTMP, ask for the part number to the 99 corvette filter/regulator, which I discovered after I had installed my fuel lines, filter, regulator and pump. If I was to do it another LS1 /Z swap -I would go with the 99 corvette filter/regulator.

July_4th_engine_Picture.jpg

David and Dudeboy

It seems both of you left the stock FPR installed and used the stock rails... doesn't the stock FPR have a static(non adjustable) fuel pressure? How did it work out adding the Aeromotive FPR? Can you actually adjust the fuel pressure given the fact that you have 2 different FPRs?

I have decided to use aftermarket solid fuel rails which eliminate the stock FPR...

My plan is to run the feed line into the aeromotive FPR and out to the drivers side rail, put fittings to connect the driver side rail to the passenger side rail and the return line off the bottom of the FPR - any suggestions or words of wisdom on doing it this way?

Edited by kjones

I have -8 feeding into the driver side rail, crosses over to the passenger side rail, then hits the regulator before returning back to the tank. As long as you have the pressure side of the regulator feeding the rails and the return side of the regulator going back to the tank, you'll be good.

DSCN2153.JPG

The thing on the rail is not a regulator but its a fuel dampener, its there so in between pulses of the fuel pump the fuel pressure doesnt fluctuate. What I did is I went to autozone and got a shrader valve remover(the little thing in your tires) and attached a 4an to 6an and then ran that line to my regulator, and from my regulator I ran that to the return line. I have a fuel pressure gauge in between my the fuel rail and regulator. the car starts up just fine. As far as driving, I cant tell you as I am waiting on my companion flanges.