HybridZ

FINALLY! I'M BAAAAAAAACK!

Ok, I'm going to be 100% honest, I won't be surprised if no one on here remembers me, BUT! I finally got another 280, although this time its not a 2/2.

The day has finally come....or should I say Round 2.

Hopefully some of you may remember me from Airjockie's bbq from earlier this year, and I kept rambling oooooooooon and ooooooooon about how much I miss my 78 280 2+2 and that I was searching for one for cheap......

......my search is over. and how.

400$ and a trip to berwick maine and I am the proud owner of a 1978 280z 2 seater.

I am beyond happy. Is she perfect? Is any 400$ car? NO. But she's in alot better shape than my 2/2 was when I first got it, so I'm already one step ahead lol

I only took two picks when I went to go look at her for the first time, so here ya go!

IMG00011.jpg

IMG00012.jpg

I can't wait to get her home so I can start tinkering and get her running!

Oh and she has a full drivetrain (automatic trans unfortunately), but the engine won't start, and to even get it to crank you need to run a jumper wire from the battery to the starter. No biggie, and she needs some body work, but I am finally in possession of another Z. I'm in love alllllll over again.

yeah I'm still alive, I've just been searching everywhere for a deal like this.

Trust me, that kitchen counter/pizza box holder of a rear bumper is going to be one of the first things gone, as well as putting alot of the parts I have sitting around from my last Z (Xenon air dam, Toyota brake upgrade).

Once the body work is over with (needs rockers and fenders to start) I plan on having her sprayed the same color she is now, as I love dark british racing green-esque colors.

By the way, the site has definitely changed since I've been here, its definitely a cool layout!

Hey there! I remember your sig... haha

I just picked up a new 78 coupe, we're starting our new projects around the same time. It's a race!

Oh and I've already got my "body line" trim off and bumpers are coming off tonight, so you have some catching up to do :D

Edited by FlatBlack

Hey there! I remember your sig... haha

I just picked up a new 78 coupe, we're starting our new projects around the same time. It's a race!

Oh and I've already got my "body line" trim off and bumpers are coming off tonight, so you have some catching up to do :D

Hey not fair, I haven't picked mine up yet. I pick it up saturday, and I can't wait to start!

I just can't think of a good licence plate for it, I usually do video game or random plates but I can't think of anything. For example, my 72 Baja Bug has the plate "Haduken", you know Ryu's fireball from street fighter.

I love your username btw, my 240sx was flat black inside and out!! So glad I got rid of that car though, I prefer Zs :)