HybridZ

BLOZ UP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Replaced pump. Ran richer.

Refueled. Richer still.

Car requires quite a bit less req_fuel (injector constant closer to matching actual injector size). I have to double check my timing and base fuel pressure, but it looks like my fuel problems are on the way to being solved. Bad/too old gas and a non-flowing pump.

Bask in the circus of fittings!

b051553.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I got a new job and moved to NJ. Haven't had time or money to get the car shipped, it's still sitting in our garage in TX. Stupid shippers want twice as much to ship it enclosed (via flat lift vs ramp) since it's so low.

But, I'm looking to get it here before April, with enough lead time to diagnose whatever problem it has (and possibly swap engines) to go to a track event in early April.

I'm really starting to itch. I've tried GT5 (already beat, no inclination to do any of the endurance races), working on my daily (boring), and other pursuits without getting my fix.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ship me the key. I'll keep her busy.

Ah hahahaha. Keys are in TX as well. Actually... not anymore...

That sucks you don't have your car with you. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't look at mine everyday. How you liking jersey so far?

-Pat

Yup. But I feel a bit better now since, as of the 8th, it's on it's way to me. Found a cheap enclosed shipper, which hopefully will not lose my car and stop here in NJ around the 14th. It was interesting trying to coordinate between 2 somewhat unreliable people to just be in one place at one time, but it worked out:

post-1233-0-14307400-1362934044_thumb.jpg

Which leaves me a week to get it ship shape for 3 rounds of autocross starting on the 23rd...

Edited by BLOZ UP

Where are you autocrossing? I'd like to stop by!

Joe

SCCA events this month (if you know of others, let me know!). I plan on going to the next three, at least. Bring your LS1Z? I'd love to see that.

23rd: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/4B9E0D69-A701-732C-090C637C3995BFDA#.UT4YLdEjru8

If my Z is whack (bad bearing instead of bad lifter, for example), I will take my DD Focus instead. Also my fuel pump stuff needs work. Oh, and my tires still rub on hard turns. But, driver says he "should" be here tomorrow, the 12th. Which gives me quite a bit of time to get it ready, if I don't need to order any parts, anyway.

Anyone in the NJ area "bend" fenders? I don't think it needs a complete roll, and I don't want that "rolled look".

Edited by BLOZ UP

Anyone in the NJ area "bend" fenders? I don't think it needs a complete roll, and I don't want that "rolled look".

I did mine myself and it didn't come out bad at all. What size tires are you running? I'm using 350Z 18" wheels on a 280 with adjustable coilovers and don't rub even on the track.

Joe

I did mine myself and it didn't come out bad at all. What size tires are you running? I'm using 350Z 18" wheels on a 280 with adjustable coilovers and don't rub even on the track.

Joe

225/50 on 16x8-0. Rears rub a bit on bumps, really bad on turns. Tokico lowering springs, stock everything else.

I'm going to put a VH45DE-T in my Z.

I was contemplating the VG30ET.. but I'm thinking, why not add 1.5 litres of displacement?

It's going to be an interesting swap.

I looked into that a lot, but there's hardly any aftermarket for that car. It'd all have to be custom grinds and stuff.

Next will be a turbo LS motor. It's relatively cheap compared to the VH, even the VG.