HybridZ

Custom Borg warner T-5 driveshaft length?

KenshinX

I bought a custom basically new driveshaft off the forums here a few months ago and measured it out to be 29 and 1/4" which is what several post and sites state for swapping a T5 into a s30 model. Well mechanic says it doesnt fit I cant see why; the only difference between my car and others are the r200. I am using stock r180. My specs are L28ET into a early model 260z with BW T-5 and stock r180. From my knowledge i thought that all the diff r180 to r200 were the same length so whats the deal? I dont wanna pay another $400 for something i dont need.

I'm going to the shop on tuesday to see for myself. I just wanted to know what everyone elses measurements are? Thanks.

Edited by KenshinX

Thanks, yea I found out that it was indeed too long(it measured out to be 31" not 29 1/4"). My mechanic said that it could be used for a 280zx coupe especially since it has removable U-joints.

A new one has been ordered to the exact specifications. Hard lesson learned but nevertheless it couldve been worse.

Edited by KenshinX