HybridZ

WTB Z, Miata, or any RWD coupe for 1K

Corruption

Talked to middle-man, he said the owner will probably hand it over or ask for about 100. I am so happy right now, I'm waiting for his call or to talk to him tomorrow. Hopefully he'll get the keys and we'll get it all checked out today. I wasn't able to take pictures today, woke up too late to find the camera, but I will take them tomorrow and hopefully have access to the engine bay and all of that with the keys. As I can tell, there is no visual rust that would be threatening. The frame still has a chance of being in completely fine shape and it HAS to run.

SO EXCITED

I took shots of the major damage in the rear, the rear quarter panel where the wheel flare got smushed, passenger side shot, headlight scoop with damage, front bumper/hood, driver side headlight scoop with no damage, driver side scratches, interior shot through a lot of dust (sorry about that guys), and a shot from the back again.

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

Edited by Corruption

The front damage looks fine, but the rear seems like it could be a problem, Make sure the frame looks straight in the rear or have a pro look at it and see what he thinks. I personally would stray away from that car, but since your in a autobody class you could have some help. It really depends on how much your willing to do to fix the rear end and to the extent that you have to fix it. You might be able to find a better shell down the road and use the engine from that 280z you pictured above if you do end up deciding to take this one.

Edited by 19752802+2

I hadn't even realized it's a 280. I should've been able to tell by the tail lights

Also, what I was planning on doing was keeping this thing in business until I find a good shell to stick all of this into, I knew I couldn't keep this shell even I were to fix all the damage. It'd cost WAY less to get a shell than straighten the frame, get quarter panels, get a rear bumper, etc.

Edited by Corruption

I hadn't even realized it's a 280. How can you tell?

Also, what I was planning on doing was keeping this thing in business until I find a good shell to stick all of this into, I knew I couldn't keep this shell even I were to fix all the damage. It'd cost WAY less to get a shell than straighten the frame, get quarter panels, get a rear bumper, etc.

You can tell by the rear lights, and the front turn signals, On a 280z they are mounted in the grill area on a 240z they are mounted on the lower valence or airdam. One thing to think about I don't know where you live or what the laws are about titling cars. If you don't have a title it may be hard or you won't be able to title your car because of the damage, at least that what it is like here. Hopefully that damage didn't mess up the rear suspension which could cause problems if you drive it. I would look over it thoughly with someone experienced. Good luck.

You can tell by the rear lights, and the front turn signals, On a 280z they are mounted in the grill area on a 240z they are mounted on the lower valence or airdam. One thing to think about I don't know where you live or what the laws are about titling cars. If you don't have a title it may be hard or you won't be able to title your car because of the damage, at least that what it is like here. Hopefully that damage didn't mess up the rear suspension which could cause problems if you drive it. I would look over it thoughly with someone experienced. Good luck.

My shop teacher has more experience than any mechanic I've ever talked to and I know my way around a suspension system as well. I've done a LOT of work on cars and I can definitely handle it if it requires a little work mechanically. The owner must have the title, he didn't do anything with it up 'till now.

If it turns out to be too much, I'll just part it out then buy an in-shape Z.

I'm beating myself up over the fact that I couldn't tell the difference, I feel so dumb right now.

Edited by Corruption