HybridZ

Who is genuinely interested in buying LSx LONG TUBE Headers for S30's?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay guys, we have been SLAMMED during what normally is out 'slow season'. We just rented another shop behind ours and just picked up two more car lifts this morning. So hopefully I can get the final finishing touches on the passenger side header the last week of the month.

Sorry for the delay guys, we have been SLAMMED during what normally is out 'slow season'. We just rented another shop behind ours and just picked up two more car lifts this morning. So hopefully I can get the final finishing touches on the passenger side header the last week of the month.

Awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

Have just completed my own long tube headers

Will be interested to see what difference they make on dyno

Now to connect exhaust up and see how much noisier it is

Engine is fitted with johns car kit

Mick

Looks real good! Let us know how the dyno goes, and how it sounds!

Gentlemen,

I see a lot of controversy between 1 7/8 headers vs 1 3/4. I have a 07 Z06 Corvette (pictures attached) with the 427 LS7 and I chose to go with LG's 1 3/4 long tube headers and I could not be happier with the results. When you step up to 1 7/8 you will loose low end torque unless your car has a blower. take it from me, I have owned several LS motor cars and 1 3/4 headers is the way to go specially on the street.

The 1 7/8 headers will make more RWHP but only at higher RPM (depending on your cam and other set up) but you will loose low end torque. A lot of people get sucked into RWHP numbers and loose touch with what that means on the street. Torque is king when running aorund on the streets unless you are going to do 80 mph roll ons which in my opinion is not racing.

I have raced my buddy who has the same car except he has 1 7/8 headers and a cam and I consistently beat him down the quarter mile even though he is putting down 60 more RWHP but his power band comes on too high into the RPM. He starts to run me down towards the end of the quarter mile but a little too late. I make a lot of torque down low and the 1 3/4 headers is a large part of that.

Cable I'm interested in these headers for my 280Z that I will be doing and LS2 or LS3 install soon. Great job on the headers they look awesome.

post-14557-048575600 1294945059_thumb.jpg

post-14557-063001600 1294945098_thumb.jpg

post-14557-005019800 1294945116_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info alainburon, but I wonder if that's what'll be better for our cars? Most of the lsx swaps here are street driven, and considering our cars weigh anywhere from 500-1000 lbs lighter, I wonder if we should opt for the higher top end vs. lower end torque. Not to mention not many of us are running wheels as wide as yours. I'd imagine we already have enough wheelspin going for us as it is.

Edited by zeeboost

Thanks for the info alainburon, but I wonder if that's what'll be better for our cars? Most of the lsx swaps here are street driven, and considering our cars weigh anywhere from 500-1000 lbs lighter, I wonder if we should opt for the higher top end vs. lower end torque. Not to mention not many of us are running wheels as wide as yours. I'd imagine we already have enough wheelspin going for us as it is.

I agree the Z06 is heavier at 3180 lbs, not near 1000 lbs but heavier none the less. 1 3/4 headers will not limit your top end it will just give you more RWHP towards the top of the LS motor power band. LG Motorsports uses the 1 3/4 headers for their road course LS2 Corvette (picture attached) with great success. I believe that car is aroung 800 hp if i'm not mistaken and had beaten factory corvette team cars multiple times. I suggest contacting LG and telling them what you are going to use the car for. They will steer you the right way on what size headers will work better for your application. These guys know what they are talking about from hands on experience at the track and on the street not from something they read on LS1tech.com.

My Z06 is a street drive car, it has only been to the track a hand full of times. All I'm saying is I would not pass up on a set of custom made headers like these just because they are 1 3/4. Compared to shorty headers it will be a night and day difference on any LS engine.

post-14557-007284300 1294975186_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
So LSx S30 guys, what do you think?

I am still at least a year or two away from getting anywhere close to doing an LS1 swap but I also would be interested in purchasing some quality headers. None of the current options really appeal to me, and I don't have trouble spending the money as long as they are *quality* pieces.

I'm not sure if you need a commitment to buy right now, or if something as vague as "I'll need a set sometime" works... but if you need a tie breaker... I suppose I can put the cart before the horse and purchase a set... details pending of course.

• 4 weeks later...