HybridZ

Who is genuinely interested in buying LSx LONG TUBE Headers for S30's?

Alright guys, change of plans.

The business partner I had in doing the headers has too much on his plate right now to finish them.

So, I starting looking at other options today...

So far I found one shop who is willing to build them for about $1000 a set. Still stainless steel and in 1.75" primaries and maybe 2.00" if there is enough room for them.

I understand that is double what I originally though, but I wanted to at least follow through with the headers. Please understand that I will not be making a single penny off these headers as I am doing this for the sole purpose of helping this community.

I am sorry that I cannot provide a set closer to the originally planned $500 area. I am sure if I can get the shop to produce a template to keep on hand the price will come down some. I know that no one ever wants to be first, but if any of your are serious in going further, please let me know and I will gladly provide my Z as the prototype template for the shop. I can't even afford a set right now (if I want to stay married anyway...).

They told me each set will take about a week to complete, shipping will be extra based on location.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright guys, change of plans.

The business partner I had in doing the headers has too much on his plate right now to finish them.

So, I starting looking at other options today...

So far I found one shop who is willing to build them for about $1000 a set. Still stainless steel and in 1.75" primaries and maybe 2.00" if there is enough room for them.

I understand that is double what I originally though, but I wanted to at least follow through with the headers. Please understand that I will not be making a single penny off these headers as I am doing this for the sole purpose of helping this community.

I am sorry that I cannot provide a set closer to the originally planned $500 area. I am sure if I can get the shop to produce a template to keep on hand the price will come down some. I know that no one ever wants to be first, but if any of your are serious in going further, please let me know and I will gladly provide my Z as the prototype template for the shop. I can't even afford a set right now (if I want to stay married anyway...).

They told me each set will take about a week to complete, shipping will be extra based on location.

I'm in for a $1000.

So this new shop only needs to protype on side correct? Then remake the side you have done already? One week turn around $1000 plus shipping. Just double checking the facts here. Thanks for still making the effort.

No. The original driver side header prototype header is being retained by my former business partner. I didn't even ask to use it since he operates a business and as such would like to make a profit which would only drive the cost up even more.

So I am starting over, although I am sure the driver side will look very much like the last one I built back in Oct 2010.

Everything else is correct, one week turnaround, $1000 + actual shipping to your location in the U.S.

No worries dude, totally understandable.

Take care.

cable,

Let me know when you have the first set made and how they fit as well as what size primaries you decide to use. I'm ok with the $1000 price tag as long as they are stainless and there is no hacking up the car to make them fit.

As of right now all sets are going to be in 1.75" primaries. The 2" would only be attempted if so requested. Personally I think the 2"primaries would be more trouble than its worth.

The shop I am dealing with now only has stainless steel mandrel dies so stainless is the only choice. However the header flanges might be mild steel. Cost is a huge factor on that since the stainless header flanges are much more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...