HybridZ

Guess the 280ZX Turbo RWHP based only on Dyno video

cgmeredithjr

Wheels should walk up the rollers a bit like that to get better grip and prevent wheel spin. Max power not held long enough, sounded like it was misfiring, if its any good it should rev at the max for several seconds no problem. I ain't guessing because the video should show the car at max revs and then pan to the monitor in one shot so we can see the numbers, go back and do it again.

Dude. Ron already deleted one of your posts so I demand a picture of you, with verification (hybridz.org cleve or something). That way we can see the numbers. Ok, you probably don't have to get that extensive. :lol: Now can we please just see a scan of the dyno chart.

Dude. Ron already deleted one of your posts so I demand a picture of you, with verification (hybridz.org cleve or something). That way we can see the numbers. Ok, you probably don't have to get that extensive. :lol: Now can we please just see a scan of the dyno chart.

Some of you are better at this than others :lol:

Dyno 280ZX Turbo0001(2).pdf

Wheels should walk up the rollers a bit like that to get better grip and prevent wheel spin. Max power not held long enough, sounded like it was misfiring, if its any good it should rev at the max for several seconds no problem. I ain't guessing because the video should show the car at max revs and then pan to the monitor in one shot so we can see the numbers, go back and do it again.

I can't tell either - those were pretty fast pulls, so either it's lots of power or the car is in a lower gear, or the inertia of the drum on this rig is lower than I am used to seeing. Still it didn't sound like it pulled all the way to redline, unless redline is below say 7000rpm, which doesn't bode well for max power. Too many unknowns. Also, it's possible that it could have put some spikes in the plot when it started breaking up...

:unsure:

Edited by TimZ

I have to say, I am rather disapointed. I was expecting to see a little more than that. Granted that is still plenty of horsepower, I was just expecting more. Thank you for posting up. What boost was that? 20psi?

Don't worry, there's a LOT more in her. We were unable to communicate with the Microtech ECU because I did not have the Microtech adapter. She was going pig rich (10:1) right as the power came on and timing was way off and we could not make any adjustments (I think the car was tuned for a huge shot of nitrous and that is why we were seeing this happen on the current tune as delivered to me). Hopefully the adapter comes in quickly and I can get back on the dyno next week. That's around 500RWHP on a Dynojet by the way.

Do you like my picture, goes with the era of cars we are playing with, don't you think?

Cleve :D