HybridZ

the weakest link

So I have prowled the depths of the forums here and can't seem to find any info about rewiring an s30 with an aftermarket harness. The Car is done (well almost, they are really never done). My local expert has divised many different fixes for many different problems of the electrical sort. Headlight relays, new fuse box(blade type), different leads and jumpers for weak areas. This all seems like a patchwork of fixes for a system needing replacement. Since our little hotrods are fairly simple I think an aftermarket harness would solve many of the problems and the idea of having "new" throughout sounds fantastic.

Thoughts???

I redid mine with an AmericanAutowire harness, I don't care for the Painless kits. And I'll tell you that Hoov and Goth are right, and I wouldn't do it unless you really needed to.

My OEM harness was chopped up from previous owners and had flaky connections, so my car needed it, and I am fairly comfortable with electrical. Even though there were areas where I needed help, like with the combination switches. I originally though this car was simple, and how many wires could there be, but after you get it all run there is a lot.

This is a good thread to read just on the combination switch wiring:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/29786-painless-harness-to-z-column-harness-headlight-combo-switch/

Whichever way you decide to go, good luck.

Cheers

Ryan~