HybridZ

Inop front turn signals

Needing a little clarification as this is my first Z. I bought it without front turn signals and tonight I was finally able to install a pair I got a hold of. Got everything drilled and connected, went to try the signals and oh boy...no front signals.

Now when I turn my headlights on, both signals stay lit, I'm assuming they're supposed to do this right? I noticed the bulbs had 2 filaments each, so I figured this was normal operation.

So back to the problem at hand, neither signal will work in the front, they just stay lit with one filament. The rear turn signals still work fine. I'm going to go about trying to clean up the switches tomorrow during the day, where else should I take a poke at?

Edited by LoneStarS30Z

I'll have to take a further look. The previous owner left the old turn signal harnesses in so all I had to do was swap in my current ones. I haven't yet seen if they'll work with hazards but I will check shortly.

I spent all morning unwiring and rewiring my headlights and tossing the ghetto HID set up he had. He had the turn signals spliced into something else but I'm not sure what since there's just dead end wires laying there that I pulled out.

Ok so when my hazards are on, my front left will blink but my passenger side will not. I cleaned off my turn signal switch combo and now my drivers side front will work intermittently. I'm going to try to turn clean the switch some more.

I checked the back of my hazard switch and I didn't see anything out of place, the connector was tight and had no broken contacts.

Any other ideas?

Looks like I've made things better and worse at the same time. Everything on the driver side noes works as advertised but now the passenger side is screwed. My rear bulkier still works but the front still won't work on turn or hazards. Now on my gauge cluster my right turn indicator does not light up and it blinks slower than the left hand side.

Looks like I've made things better and worse at the same time. Everything on the driver side noes works as advertised but now the passenger side is screwed. My rear bulkier still works but the front still won't work on turn or hazards. Now on my gauge cluster my right turn indicator does not light up and it blinks slower than the left hand side.

Sounds like a short in the system to me.

Fixed it! Lo and behold it was just some rust and corrosion on that front blinkers harness.

The more I thought about how the 3 other corners worked except for that one it was obvious something was going on with the wiring that affects that light only. So I took the harness out and pulled out the 3 male pins (for others, please note there are small "tabs" on the pins that keep them from backing out. They need to be pushed against the pin itself to be allowed to slide out) and wire brushed the piss out of them til they looked new.

I also did the turn signal harness under the steering column (the one with the multiple green wires). Pulled and brushed, put back together. At first I had to really smash the stalk to the right to get them to work, even after I took the whole switch apart and cleaned it. Then after a few dozen more tries, it now signals with minimal force.

Yes! Another great history lesson for me, brush the living **** out of my pins and connectors for now on.