HybridZ

Wheel wells and skirts

There are things that can be done to mitigate that risk, like bending the leading edge of the diffuser up in the middle. I think the splitter/airdam also solves this problem. Really stiff springs might also be enough, depending on how effective the splitter is and the ride height intended.

Edited by JMortensen

• 4 weeks later...

I bought some acrylic sheet to build a spoiler to add under the wing, now trying to decide 1) how far forward to mount it - it seems the examples I've seen were pretty far back, 2) how long to make it, 3) angle of attack - obviously will be adjustable but need to get to determine where the adjustable range should be, 4) should I just cover the middle or go ahead all the way to the sides? Any more thoughts?

I've also decide to lower the front spoiler to keep the air out instead of splitter. Any ideas for material to make it out of? I would like a hard plastic to add onto the existing spoiler.

Cameron

Edited by heavy85

I had an airdam with a rubber skirt and it would start flapping at about 90 mph. I replaced the rubber with plastic lawn edging from Home Depot and it worked much better and didn't flex.

I think you're going to have to experiment with the spoiler. I'd be tempted to make two, then start with a small one that goes across the decklid and is basically flat and then adjust the angle, and then do the same thing with a larger one that extends off the side of the decklid and see if you can see a difference in lap times.