Tony D

to me here are the odd things.

in order of not very bothering to bothered

-OS Giken sticker

-Green velkro mirror

-The lock mechanism on the hood

-The crooked grill

-The fact that it looks like an FC RX7 Body with R32 Panels

-Also that the brakes look incorrect for the R32.

What in the world??? Is that green adhesive holding the rearview mirror on or just a sticker?

That's an inspection sticker. It's not 'green velcro' some people grasp I was trying to figure out where green velcro was coming from, now it kind of makes sense.

But RX 7 Body?

What am I missing about the 'lock mechanisim'---someone got x-ray eyes? I don't see one should I? :huh:

Some time ago there were contentions that GTR's were made LHD from the factory, which at the time according to Nissan was not the case.

The existence of a LHD Skyline GT DOES however make it possible that a conversion that looked factory could exist. I was under the impression the R32 was not Exported as a GT-R, but subsequent models were. I just found it surprising that in the middle of rice paddies filled with Carabao and lounging yellow cows that there lies an R32 Skyline GT which has LHD.

It was NOT what I was expecting to see. Given the criticality of the commentary here, I guess I should have stopped and taken more photos and asked to see the hood lifted for more details. But I was in a rush to get back to Manila.

This is on the road to the San Miguel Cavite Yamamura Metal Container Plant outside (south) of Manila Philippines if anybody wants to cruise by and snap more photos. My GPS is out, so sorry no coordinates for precise geolocation of the prized booty. (er, let me rephrase that...)

I'll make a point of it next visit, typhoon coming or not. I got to dispell this RX 7 Rebody swarf once and for all. That's a reach in my book. a BIG reach.

Edited by Tony D

-The lock mechanism on the hood

-The crooked grill

-The fact that it looks like an FC RX7 Body with R32 Panels

-Also that the brakes look incorrect for the R32.

You noticed something like that to?

3119007884_75eb521602_o.jpg

112_0606_17z+nissan_GTR_concept+1989_nissan_GTR_R32.jpg

It's most likely just an R32 that's been rebuilt after a front end wreck.

Edited by hoov100

Hell Hoov, it even has that spoiler on it! I thought it was some tacky add-on! :lol:

I didn't expect much, a run of the Mill RB20DET or RB20ET (forget what it was in base GT then) with an intercooler. That would sit fine with me as a daily driver. I remember the day they hit the showroom. Several of us went to the Prince Dealer in Naha to go see and I remember thinking when I walked in the showroom "I'd buy that as a family sedan."

Last car I thought about that quickly was the Buick GNX.

But RX7? Bleeeyah!

Edited by Tony D

Hell Hoov, it even has that spoiler on it! I thought it was some tacky add-on! :lol:

I didn't expect much, a run of the Mill RB20DET or RB20ET (forget what it was in base GT then) with an intercooler. That would sit fine with me as a daily driver. I remember the day they hit the showroom. Several of us went to the Prince Dealer in Naha to go see and I remember thinking when I walked in the showroom "I'd buy that as a family sedan."

Last car I thought about that quickly was the Buick GNX.

But RX7? Bleeeyah!

Agreed, It's like a legitimate 4 seater z32 with some fancier options and a smoother ride.

• 3 months later...

I know it's an old thread, but for sure it's not a stock LHD. It's just that it's illegal to drive an RHD car here in the Philippines. It's mandatory to have it converted, and it has become a normal thing for us here, since we get a lot of 2nd hand cars from Japan... And there are a lot of shops that are already good at it (especially Cavite).

From what I know they use a dashboard and rack from a local A31 (cefiro) for converting a skyline. Because my bro in law's 1st skyline had one. Most probably when that car came here it had an RB20E but did an RB20DET swap afterwards (or possibly an RB25DET). When I see my bro in law's skyline I'll take pics of the conversion.

Cavite if not very far from where I live. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the skylines I've seen driving around here. :D

I know it's an old thread, but for sure it's not a stock LHD. It's just that it's illegal to drive an RHD car here in the Philippines. It's mandatory to have it converted, and it has become a normal thing for us here, since we get a lot of 2nd hand cars from Japan... And there are a lot of shops that are already good at it (especially Cavite).

From what I know they use a dashboard and rack from a local A31 (cefiro) for converting a skyline. Because my bro in law's 1st skyline had one. Most probably when that car came here it had an RB20E but did an RB20DET swap afterwards (or possibly an RB25DET). When I see my bro in law's skyline I'll take pics of the conversion.

Cavite if not very far from where I live. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the skylines I've seen driving around here. :D

Well, now I know how I'm going to make my future R32 proper for driving on the RIGHT side of the road. :D

I'll be back in Cavite in two weeks if the controls gurus get the software debugged. It's on the main road you take to the San Miguel Facility like you were coming from Alabang. Pass this near the intersection of the Truck Service Center, the Junk Shop and the place where they make the tricycles. On to the NP Checkpoint, turn left, and the San Miguel place is right there. Continue on a little further, turn right at the "T" intersection and you go downhill over the river and up into Cavite proper where I recommend the new Inasal that recently opened!

Bak Bak Mmmmmmaserap! and UNLIMITED RICE! :D

The Chad, PM me and I'll call you on my Globe Number if it's still active. Don't want to give it out as I recently got notice it was close to deactivation. I did not get their OFW package, just a normal SIM so it's only good up to 90 days without top up or other activity. No biggie, I jsut get another SIM when I get there and I have a local phone.

I also have to comment that the RHD thing must be recent (well, since Marcos left...)

We would ship containerloads of RHD cars cut in half from Okinawa to Manila where my two partners had relatives who welded them back together and sold them as used cars!

At least that's what they told me they were doing. It may have been discount auto parts shipment, which is very profitable in P.I.

Or for that matter, salvaging the drivelines to put into Jeeps constructed locally. My friend Cesar down in Lucena has a "1991 Toyota Jeep"...yeah, I'll look for that one in the Toyota Brochure...NOT! It was a looooong time since I've seen a 4K in ANYTHING, but there it was 4K heaven! :D