HybridZ

S30 VG30ET swap

Looks good. You're opting for an offset turbo mount.... that's what I should have done. I need to do my suspension...

Yeah, just for simplicities sake, my manifolds don't look like works of art like yours do.....now I need to find a v-band adapter that fits the HY35 exhaust outlet so that I can route the down pipe.

Progress is progress so I'm not complaining.

Love your new gauge setup, how does that speedo work through tunnels?

Yeah, just for simplicities sake, my manifolds don't look like works of art like yours do.....now I need to find a v-band adapter that fits the HY35 exhaust outlet so that I can route the down pipe.

Progress is progress so I'm not complaining.

Love your new gauge setup, how does that speedo work through tunnels?

Ha! Thanks. I know of all the bad spots on mine though and made sure to not get too close in the photos. As for the gauge, I like it a lot, it's very accurate to, say, +/- .2mph. More than I was expecting, anyway. However, on a couple occasions it has failed to get a GPS lock and required the power to be cycled to get it. May be my wiring. Haven't looked at it a lot. Only got 50 miles on the new odometer before I had to store the car.

I like the tach and it's shift lights. Problem is, I also have an ignition problem that prevents me from activating them.

Well, I could go on about all the issues I've got--but the car's 1500 miles away at the moment. Soon, very soon, I'll be able to ship it over and enjoy it. Just in time to store it here for the NJ winter...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Some updates, I've fallen way behind with updates so I'll just jump to where I'm at now.
Brakes are fully functional now, park brake operational, clutch operational, tackling the wiring clean-up and still have to finish the wastegate dump tube, the remainder of the exhaust which the back half will be full aluminum, fuel lines need to be run, fuel tank in the process of being built, fuel pump and level sensor to be installed, coolant plumbing and induction still need to be hammered out........it's a long list.
Found a cool gauge in the aem line.....it's a wide band and boost gauge in one. pretty cool. I've uploaded a few pictures

post-4210-0-73361600-1365775062_thumb.jpg

post-4210-0-57876300-1365775155_thumb.jpg

post-4210-0-20555600-1365775169_thumb.jpg

post-4210-0-55101900-1365775186_thumb.jpg

post-4210-0-48855700-1365775101_thumb.jpg

Do you have more pictures of your thermostat inlet pipe you welded up? I should redo mine since it's butt ugly. Although, it doesn't leak. Yet. It looks like without the timing cover you have a bit more room. Doh, why didn't I notch the cover at least...

And, where did you source that bracket for the top of the alternator? Mine also could be redone... Butt ugly.... Yadda yadda.

Edited by BLOZ UP

I can take more pictures of the thermostat inlet, just tell me what angles you'd like.....it's a close fit to the alt belt......maybe 1/2 inch or so

the upper coolant neck turned out sweet, just perfect.

The alternator was given to me along with the bracket witha bunch of VG33 parts so I originally assumed it was from a vg33....when I tried to use it on my wagon it wouldn't fit, so I asked the guy I got the stuff from and

he said it was from an SR20...so I really don't know. the aletrnator was perfect as I was able to take a big bite out of it to clear my exhaust manifold. I redrilled and tapped the bolt boss in the head to mount the bracket bolt with something a little larger than a fender bolt, ended up working out perfectly.....sometimes it pays to hang on to shit.

in the process of waiting for my fuel tank to be made, then it should be really close.

What did your VG S30 finally dyno?

The picture makes it look like it's close to the water pump, it actually angles away from it. It's not very close to the block or the water pump.

I just got my fuel tank from the fabricator, now I need to get new straps made as they are 2 inches to short. it's getting close.

:)

Got pics of your tank? I paid 400 for a sump to be added to mine and it's a leaky, rusting POS now. Should have had it cleaned and done the welding/painting myself, as usual.

So, notching that timing cover is such a obvious solution. I can't believe I didn't think of that when I was making that damned ghetto pipe of mine...

• 5 years later...