HybridZ

Sneakin' up on 'em...

Hey Hahns,

Amazing! I was just watching your videos the other night admiring the way that thing runs! No, I don't have video's, however, I am running this Saturday night and hope to have some videos from those runs. If they come out ok, I will post them. Good to hear from your and I am impressed with the way you run.

Wayne

Hey SQ,

Changed a few things...I've always had ET street tires on the car, (because I was proud I could drive it around) and I liked to brag that I could drive to the track, run a decent number and drive home. They worked pretty well until I started to crank the boost up. It got so I couldn't leave off the brake because I couldn't get traction, even though I have a 4 link and made quite a number of adjustments. Some helped, but not all the way. 60 ft time suffered. When I left on the foot brake, 60 ft time was even worse, of course. I tried a couple of seconds of nitrous, and began to spin again. Got tired of that, so put travel limiters on the front end, changed gears from 3.50's to 3.89's, changed to slicks, put the car on wheel scales with my fat butt in it, and had a buddy make spring adjustments until I had a good balance, installed a nice anti-roll bar, and wah-la! pretty good 60 ft times and a decent number. runs straight as an arrow, so I am fixin' to turn up the wick and see where we are. Thanks for asking.

Wayne

Hahns,

Videos from 23 Oct 10 are on YouTube...this is one of them. Just punch in rytherwr in the search block and they should come up. Was running a bracket race that night so turned it down as far as I could (12 lbs of boost) and actually won the race....go figger.

Wayne

Edited by rytherwr

Thanks, Hahns, Yes, the backfiring is the rev limiter hooked to the trans brake. Depending on how much boost I'm pushing, I will leave at anywhere from 4000 to 5000 rpm.

Wayne

Congrats for winning.

That Purple Z is flying!!!

It even looks real wicked with all the backfiring. Why is it doing that? Is it on the rev limiter at launch?

Thanks for the video.

Hanns

Man that thing is killin it out of the hole. Very impressive!! Good ole 2 step. How much boost are you launching at?

In the video's I'm back on the springs (12 lb boost) for the bracket race, but I am actually seeing only around 9 bls of boost when I leave.