HybridZ

seattlejester's 1971 240Z

Hey,

Nice build so far. I almost didn't want to post anything because I started out with the same idea of just making it drivable but haven't deviated much from that plan. There's always next year right?

Needless to say I'm a fan of what you're doing. I replaced my floors/firewall/frame rails this past winter and spring too (though I'd say you win in the welding dept).

My car is in eastern WA right now (for want of an exhaust and a few other bits) but she runs and I'm hoping to have her out here this spring. Let me know if you need a hand with anything; I'm more than willing to help.

-Matt

Hey,

Nice build so far. I almost didn't want to post anything because I started out with the same idea of just making it drivable but haven't deviated much from that plan. There's always next year right?

Needless to say I'm a fan of what you're doing. I replaced my floors/firewall/frame rails this past winter and spring too (though I'd say you win in the welding dept).

My car is in eastern WA right now (for want of an exhaust and a few other bits) but she runs and I'm hoping to have her out here this spring. Let me know if you need a hand with anything; I'm more than willing to help.

-Matt

Maybe we could rally out to eastern wa to get the z in a z caravan haha, I make the trip to Eastern Montana and back quite a bit in the Z. Good times on I-90. This damned rain makes it hard to be productive lol

OmakZ I may take you up on that. Hoping to hang the suspension and such soon, and it would be nice to have a pair of eyes that knows what a finished Z will have when I'm routing the fuel and brake lines.

But a Z caravan will have to wait till next year haha, welding gas doesn't go as far as it did during the summer, all these trips to get my gas refilled is killing my budget :(. But I have a fairly big update coming up soon, I got side tracked for the last week, but the reward should be very cool (at least to me, possibly some locals).

Edited by seattlejester

Like I said, I'm down to lend a hand wherever I can.

As far as caravaning is concerned, I'm headed to my parents' house for Christmas break and I'm hoping to bring it back with me when I start winter quarter so I can tinker with it in my spare time. Just gotta figure out which brake cylinder is leaking and get a new transmission tunnel seal.

The little project is put on hold for a few days as my sister's car had a blow out, so while I'm taking care of the tire I figure I'll winterize her car.

But, I'm picking up the last piece for the project later today or tomorrow so updates soon :).

I'm in the downtown area, I'll hopefully be tearing the suspension down and have the put together to hang next week, so I may be bothering someone for help if my friends are busy, but if anyone needs a small task (no new floors or frame rails, haha) please feel free to ask, I do have a few tools, lol.

3 more weeks of school, hopefully a full week of work to build funds, then complete devotion to the Z.

Edited by seattlejester

Jealous, I have fuel line, studs, and roll bar paint, just chilling in my car, waiting to be used/installed, but really haven't had time to do so. I'm in dead week at the moment, but I'll try and upload a few teasers, I'll probably be 1/2 done with the item in question tonight.

I've been contemplating painting all the interior scaffolding white, managed to glimpse a 240sx yesterday with white scaffolding and I have to say it wasn't too gaudy as I had imagined.

I'll probably need an experienced set of eyes to tell me how much room I have in the trans tunnel for routing fuel/brake lines, clutch slave, and e-brake. Probably after finals week, if one of you kind gents don't mind, lunch/drinks are on me.

Jealous, I have fuel line, studs, and roll bar paint, just chilling in my car, waiting to be used/installed, but really haven't had time to do so. I'm in dead week at the moment, but I'll try and upload a few teasers, I'll probably be 1/2 done with the item in question tonight.

I've been contemplating painting all the interior scaffolding white, managed to glimpse a 240sx yesterday with white scaffolding and I have to say it wasn't too gaudy as I had imagined.

I'll probably need an experienced set of eyes to tell me how much room I have in the trans tunnel for routing fuel/brake lines, clutch slave, and e-brake. Probably after finals week, if one of you kind gents don't mind, lunch/drinks are on me.

brake and fuel lines are generally ran next to the frame rail, but I supposed you could mount them in the tunnel too, I need to route my rear lines into the cab of my car for the hydraulic shaft brake.

The stock location was run through the trans tunnel along the passenger side (at least for my year), just not sure how much room I have to play with to mount the proportioning valve and such. I s'pose I could just go stare at my transmission for a bit.

photo.jpg

1/2 way there :).

photo-1.jpg

Built properly with bedding posts, I have a replacement plate with my new roll bar, but I used the old one as a spacer/template.

Probably going to hold off on the cross brace until I get the hood on so I can measure clearance. 3 more things on the checklist before reassembly :D.