HybridZ

78 Datsun 280z ------> 5.3 build

I'm going to say with the shot 550+whp  !

I say you're going in the right direction.

Any passes? I hope you make lots!

Not yet. Planning on fixing the stuff that broke this weekend (minor, see 8.8 thread) and hitting the track friday.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good.  Consider posting both motor and spray passes separately (so little weenie boys like me won't feel so bad)!

I've got this work week (basically Thurs and Fri afternoons) to get my car ready for a trip to Atlanta Motorsports Park for a one-on-one day track day with Matt Isbell (CobraMatt).  Gonna try to limit car work to a new (seatbelt) harness, mounting some Hoosier R6s and some clutch adjustment.  My wife separated me from my car the following week for a trip to the beach-I'll just have time to load the car and get on the road to Atlanta on the day we get back.  On the way to Atlanta, gonna try to stop by my tuner and get the sensitivity of my DBW pedal reduced-autocrossing was a nightmare this Saturday with the hair-trigger set up I have right now.  The pedal is set on 100% fast and I can't keep the back of the car underneath me exiting corners.  Shouldn't bother drag racing because I only use two pedal positions there (on and off).

Super anxious to cheer you on!

Good.  Consider posting both motor and spray passes separately (so little weenie boys like me won't feel so bad)!

I've got this work week (basically Thurs and Fri afternoons) to get my car ready for a trip to Atlanta Motorsports Park for a one-on-one day track day with Matt Isbell (CobraMatt).  Gonna try to limit car work to a new (seatbelt) harness, mounting some Hoosier R6s and some clutch adjustment.  My wife separated me from my car the following week for a trip to the beach-I'll just have time to load the car and get on the road to Atlanta on the day we get back.  On the way to Atlanta, gonna try to stop by my tuner and get the sensitivity of my DBW pedal reduced-autocrossing was a nightmare this Saturday with the hair-trigger set up I have right now.  The pedal is set on 100% fast and I can't keep the back of the car underneath me exiting corners.  Shouldn't bother drag racing because I only use two pedal positions there (on and off).

Super anxious to cheer you on!

For sure. Sounds like fun!

I'll take video at the dyno, and at the track.  I'm getting ancy already!

Well I'm still waiting on a fitting that was SUPPOSED to have shipped friday. So, we'll see on the dyno. Planning on for sure going to the track friday night though.

I had a near near death experience this last weekend, and is some good food for thought for you guys running stock fuel rails.

The quick connect that goes onto the rail, and converts to an AN fitting came off in the middle of a pull, and sprayed gas EVERYWHERE in my engine bay. Luckily, it didn't catch fire.  Nothing wrong with it other than it has been taken off maybe 6-7 times. If you have one of these, NEVER take it off the rail, instead, decouple the threads.

I bought some Holley fuel rails (really nice, and only $130.  I did have to re-bend two of my hard lines for the N2O however.

Here tis!

IMG_20130523_241038_182_zpsea8cda10.jpg

IMG_20130523_241145_000_zps0c4f3430.jpg

Safety AND bling. Always a winner in my book.

Edited by SUNNY Z

Josey, now that you have some miles on the z with the new sound insulation - how about sharing your impressions.  I've been thinking about doing this to my z for a few years now but not real keen on the dynamat as it seems permanent, expensive & heavy.  Did you line the tool storage compartments behind the seats too?

Josey, now that you have some miles on the z with the new sound insulation - how about sharing your impressions.  I've been thinking about doing this to my z for a few years now but not real keen on the dynamat as it seems permanent, expensive & heavy.  Did you line the tool storage compartments behind the seats too?

Dave, I can't give a solid review just yet. I used an off brand glue that I had already.  It broke down once the surfaces got hot, and I haven't had a chance to re- glue anything.  I re-did the headliner with 3M glue (recommended) but it separated again. I think I'll have to either flip the pieces, or cut new ones. For some reason the first round of residue is keeping the good stuff from adhering.  I havent done the floors yet, but I plan on doing a double layer through all of it.  I will say that it was cooler (just having the piece on the roof - even though it wasn't stuck well.

The real benefit will be had once i can do the firewall, floors, and deck area.  I like this stuff though. Cuts with scissors, and 40 sqft weighs like 4#. Hopefully be able to tackle this more in-depth soon.