HybridZ

Has anyone heard of ZFever in tampa? VQ35 install

angry_dave24

I was just wandering if any of you have heard of ZFever in Tampa FL. If so, what do you guys think of them? I need honest answers here. I am about to drop my car off there, a 1972 240Z and have the VQ35 swap done, with tranny, stainless exhaust, and maybe an R-200 LSD. I would do it myself, but alas, my experience is novice at best, and I am about to go to Korea for a year. The army sucks by the way. Hey maybe while I am over there and in close proximity to Japan, I could score some good parts for you guys, just charge you the cost of the part, plus shipping. It would be an excuse to go to Japan. :)

Thanks for the reply. I am just looking for a good bout of confidence as I am planning on spending approximately $9,500 or more to do the VQ35 swap with them. I know I can get a good engine and tranny with ecu for probably around 2500, but then I have to get the programming to remove the NATS and all that jazz. From what Doug at ZFever tells me, 9500 will get it running and driving DEPENDABLY with a stainless exhaust. So would you guys say that is a good deal or no. Strangely enough, the wife is convinced, but I am skeptical.

Edited by angry_dave24

seems expensive to me, but I'm a cheapskate and I'm doing it all myself. I would ask what kind of warranty are they offering, and does that price include painting the car? Suspension upgrades? or is this ONLY engine/exhaust? A lot of people DIY for about half that. I'm about 2800 into my swap including engine and the car.

As much as it hurts my pride, and wallet, by no means do I have the talent, nor time, to do it all myself. I am having him mount the engine and all that. The rest of the car I will do myself. I am not doing a crazy build, I just want a nice daily driven 240z that is clean. I dropped the car off yesterday and toured the shop. He has a lot of really nice toys there, talked to his mechanics to try and get a picture of they're knowledge. His dyno guy seemed like that really smart guy that lives in his moms basement. Nice dude though. Really knows his ****. So in a year I will be back from Korea, and I told him, he is not getting paid unless that car drives dependably. We will see.