HybridZ

powerglide transmission with R200 will i run out of gear in the 1/4 mile?

cinpatico

hello i'm building a rb 240z with a adapter plate to run a GM Auto transmission! i building streckly for the 1/4 mile.

i just bought a alminum 2 speed powerglide 1.76 and was wondering if mateing the powerglide to the r200 threw a drive line will i run out of gear in the 1/4 mile? does any one on the forum run a powerglide on the z ?

With a 1.76 first gear and a 1.00 second your question is a little confusing. Your second gear is the same as any three speed automatic and fourth gear in most five speeds. The question then becomes what axle ratio should you run to have first gear pull hard, yet not run out of revs before the 1/4. Which gets us back to sporks reply. Good luck

most people are runing 4:11 to 5 plus on the ring with a 9 inch rear end on a powerglide

now i'm planing to go high rev with my rb setup i got supertech double spring valve springs and titanium retainers with solid lifters to do 9.5 rpm with a 1.76 and at least a 4.08 in the rear end to get threw the 1320! does any one know ?

i know v8 with a 5500rpm with a 1.76 powerglide need a 12bolt rear end or ford nine inch with a 6.51 in the rear end can go down the 1/4mile !

but a rb with 9500rpm and a 1.76 powerglide shoud needs what gear ratio in the rear end? please help i'm