HybridZ

Controller wont connect

boosted280

When I try to open a file to put on my board it says that the controller cannot connect. One of the leds will flash but none will stay on. It is a megasquirt 2.2 and im using a mega tune 2.25 beta. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Did you set the correct com port?

Make sure you're using the proper tuning software and try different USB inputs. I had the same issue. You'll figureit out. Also don't forget to install a driver if using USB to serial data wire.

Edited by JSK

• 1 month later...

Is it a new board or have you been able to connect it before?

I lost two days when I made my first MS2 v3.0 recently because the instructions on the site only BRIEFLY mention that if you're using a raw board, it might not be pre-flashed. No further instructions other than, "connect with mini-terminal and type 'S'."

What I had to do was just go ahead and flash the initial firmware. After that, everything under the sun said it connected and loved me.

I really wish the MS Manual sites (MS/MS-E) would include a link in their connection test instructions to the firmware flashing instructions for those of us who DO start with raw boards (like, say, everyone who has a disassembled kit.)