HybridZ

drive shaft help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a few questions about drive shaft options. I have a 78 280z that im converting over to a sbc v8. the motor is out of a 74 corvette and i recently picked up a wc t5 tranny from a 89 iroc camaro. i have the jtr manual but it has conflicting info or im just misunderstood. in the manual it states the v8 t5 is 26 spline, however when i go on to driveshaft online stores i only see listings for 27spline t5 tranny. the t5 does not have the slip yoke. my question is what combo is best to use for my application, im using my stock r200 diff. in the manual i have to purchase the stealth conversion u joint dana 1310, that will bolt to my datsun diff. however what do i do about the trans yoke and what would be the right driveshaft from model and year gm car. any help would be appreciated bc im lost at the moment.

also if im understnding this correctly, would the aluminum driveshaft from a 88-92 camaro work with my setup. in the manual it says the driveshaft already has a conversion u joint on the rear. meaning it would bolt up to the stealth conversion u joint on my diff. all i would have to do is shorten the driveshaft and it would bolt up to the t5 tranny???

I took the stock driveshaft and a 90's T56 Camaro driveshaft to a shop and they made a shaft that worked for my car, T5 to r200. I have the JTR manual, did not bother to consult it for the driveshaft. Also mount the trans up as high as you can. This eliminates nasty vibrations under load.

26 splines is the number of teeth on the input shaft for a V8 T5. The V6 T5 has 10 or 13 (I forget).

I made the JTR mounting plate for the rear diff. easy to do if you have access to a lathe.

The stock Z drive shaft u-joint looks wimpy compare to the stock chevy stuff, so did not want to use them.