HybridZ

Header question

Then you're SCREWED!!!

You need to compare your exhaust ports and bolt pattern to a stock head, because it might be the same. Otherwise, you might have luck searching for other people's solutions to that problem.

They will fit... but the plugs wont because they are in the way.

Edit no one has angled spark plugs in their Z??

Edited by Dunlop

Try going to the Sanderson website directly. They have a HUGE selection of headers for all makes/models. I did a quick search on Dart heads, and it appears that they have a couple headers that will fit your motor. "http://www.sandersonheaders.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1".

Hope this helps.

r/John

Thank you so much!!!

Now what one should i get???

http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Sanderson-CC2_158-Small-Block-Chevy-Header-Set.html

or

http://www.sandersonheaders.com/Sanderson-CC2-Small-Block-Chevy-Header-Set.html

Thanks once again

Be wary of cheap alternatives... you might want to do a search on them, I know some other guys have bought eBay headers and the quality was equal to what they paid, if not worse. I think this applies: Cheap, fast, and reliable. Pick two.

I got the KMJ ceramic block huggers a year ago, and have been really happy with them. Decent quality ceramic coating, thick flanges, and good fit on the motor. Would buy again in a heartbeat. KMJ also offered the best price I could find (at the time). Good luck.

I have Trick Flow heads with the angle plugs. I went with a set of

hooker street rod shorty headers with Accel shorty plugs. Every thing is "tight"

and occasionally I have burnt a plug wire but you can run the fabric insulators

if needed.

Plug changes are a bit tight, get a short 5/8" wrench to help

facilitate the changes and you'll be fine.

They will fit... but the plugs wont because they are in the way.

Edit no one has angled spark plugs in their Z??

I do i have a set of AFR 210 in my 77 280Z & the headers that i found to work with my setup are from S&S they are long tube 1&3/4" but i have a front plate in my car as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Dunlop:

Some of the posts may be OVERBLOWN. Purchased KMJ block hugger headers and they fit just fine. I have AFR-195 heads and the exhaust ports are 1.5 inches rectangular. Much larger exhaust port than the opening in the KMJ headers. Sanderson recently cam out with CC-178 headers which are 1 7/8 inch in OUTSIDE diameter. Purchased these and they interfere with the steering shaft. Purchased shafts and U-joints to go around the headers. Got it all mocked up, then said if this is what it is going to take, might as well go to Subaru PS rack. In the early stages of doing that.

Don't know the exhaust port configuration of your Dart heads. KMJ block hugger headers can be slightly ported to help the interface to the Dart heads.