HybridZ

Make a 240z safer.

asuly

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used this one on my car:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=390756129712 It would be simple enough to add a flasher unit into the wiring if you were really after that feature.  I figured that most people drive suv's these days and probably can't see the tails of a lowered z too well, so a third brake is a reasonable idea.  For install I literally just used two self-tapping screws and mounted it up high in the hatch.  

post-22866-0-24477900-1391308606_thumb.png

Luseboy, it's funny you suggest the third brake light flasher combo. I've actually got both sitting in storage, awaiting the bodywork stage of my build. I'm doing it slightly different, using the third brake light from a current generation Dodge Charger. It's an LED type light with an integrated momentary button for the trunk release, making it ideal for my shaved hatch/spoiler combo. I'll be installing it in a ducktail style spoiler.

Luseboy, it's funny you suggest the third brake light flasher combo. I've actually got both sitting in storage, awaiting the bodywork stage of my build. I'm doing it slightly different, using the third brake light from a current generation Dodge Charger. It's an LED type light with an integrated momentary button for the trunk release, making it ideal for my shaved hatch/spoiler combo. I'll be installing it in a ducktail style spoiler.

Sounds like you're doing it the right way! I just wanted something simple and easy, too many other things going on with the car for me to really give it a whole lot of thought.  I chose not to add a flasher simply because they annoy me when i'm driving behind someone with one at night, but I take it that that's the idea in the first place.  

The best thing you can do to make driving an S30 safer is to become more situationaly aware yourself.  Driving an S30 is like riding a motorcycle (yes, I ride), you can't expect that anyone on the road sees you.

I believe that was the consensus of this thread. All the mods in the world won't do any good if you drive like a zombie...  thanks for reading it though, it's always good to have people thinking about safety.