HybridZ

LED Dome light replacement

TimZ

Just bought one of these for about $11 shipped...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/festoonhp_3022-xHP4.htm

WAY brighter than the old incandescent that it replaced, draws less current, runs cooler and is a direct replacement. My dome light actually works for the first time in about 20 years! :willy_nil

Edited by TimZ

I feel you on the lighting. So much better!

I've replaced ALL my bulbs with LED replacments except for the headlights. The difference is amazing.

Affordable LED bulb technology has come a long way in the last few years. All my bulbs were purchased off of ebay at decent prices. Do a little research and you can get the bulbs for cheaper than regular type replacments at you local parts store.

I made a video a bit ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWaeVPy1MuQ

TimZ,

Thanks for the find. Which emitting color did you choose for your dome light? And have you guys found an LED replacement bulb for the map light? You would need something with lower lumins so as not to be blinding?

Bonk

Edited by wrcbonk

TimZ,

Thanks for the find. Which emitting color did you choose for your dome light? And have you guys found an LED replacement bulb for the map light? You would need something with lower lumins so as not to be blinding?

Bonk

I got the cool white, because it had the highest output lumens. The warm white might be a bit more natural looking, but I'm pretty happy with what I got.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

inZane 240, Nice tunes man... I like how LED's are more of an instant on than the old bulbs, if you see a semi with one light replaced with an LED light you can REALLY see a difference. I load trucks so I see em all the time, there is a big delay with one lighting up a few milliseconds later. from a distance at 4am its confusing too... haha

Wasn't there a list of all the replacement LED's? I can never find what im searching for on here so ill leave it to someone else.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I feel you on the lighting. So much better!

I've replaced ALL my bulbs with LED replacments except for the headlights. The difference is amazing.

Affordable LED bulb technology has come a long way in the last few years. All my bulbs were purchased off of ebay at decent prices. Do a little research and you can get the bulbs for cheaper than regular type replacments at you local parts store.

I made a video a bit ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWaeVPy1MuQ

Do you have a video or pics of how your other LED lights look? Did you have to go to a digital flasher due to the low load of the LED's?

Awesome looking tail lights.

Edited by alainburon

Here are my LED tails. You'll notice a slight din [barely visible dim light] in each lens. Found that due to the low amp/voltage draw of the lights we had to relay the brake light switch and the problem is now solved-no more din = work perfectly. Click here for the hbz thread.

Edited by 1 tuff z

• 1 year later...