HybridZ

2+2 and Coupe interchangeable parts

boostless

I'm looking at getting a parts car but, it's a 2+2. I was wondering what all will swap over? I'm assuming the whole front end will swap over as well as the suspension parts. My 2 main concerns are the doors and the quarter panels. My doors are rather rusty for some reason and dented and my quarters are just dented. I'm not planning on swapping over the whole quarter panel though, just cutting out the sections that I need to get the curve of the body panels.

Doors and quarter panels will not swap over, the doors are too short and (depending on what section you need) the quarters have a different shape. I think general concensus is that anything from the dash/firewall front will swap. Most of the electrical wires won't be the same length and the carpet etc. small things like the taillights and rear wiper motor will. Diff is a no brainer, gas tank will too I think, along with bumpers.

I think there have been threads about this before, but anyways on the 2+2 S30 everything is swappable forward of the dash (already mentioned) The doors are longer on the 2+2 the interior from the doors back is different, the suspension is the same except I believe the sway bars are larger. The diff is swappble but the Mustache bar is not it is wider then a coupe mustache bar. The tail lights will swap but the tail light panels are wider and have a different shape. The rear quarter panels are longer between where the door ends and the wheel well starts, its also wider in the rear quarters then on the coupe. If all you need is stuff for the front of your car and some suspension it would be fine for a parts car then you could sell the stuff you can't use to us 2+2 guys. :D