HybridZ

2 Post Hoist Lifting Points

garvice

Well today was a glorious day, I finally got my car up on my hoist.

IMG_5865.jpg

I have a question of how I am lifting the car though. My hoist has asymmetric arms, so to get the small arms on the Tie rod points, the only place that the longer arms would reach (other then frame rails) was the pinch weld.

I assumed this was fine since it is a standard jacking point, however just wanted to confirm or ask if there was anywhere else that I should lift from.

IMG_5870.jpg

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5872.jpg

I think if I ever move home I will mount the hoist closer together so that arms had a bit more reach.

Edited by garvice

• 4 weeks later...

Are you using wooden blocks to go around the pinch weld? I've seen that done before and it bothers me. The wood can and will split over time, so keep an eye on it. I've seen it happen, and the last thing you want is to have the car shift while its way up in the air. One shop I saw had a set of aluminum ones that were wrapped with some rubber sheet. Apparently they made them themselves.

Wood is temporary (should get something proper within 10 years, ha). Seriously though, this timber is about 50 years seasoned hardwood and the seem is not touching the bottom of the cut. Good pick up though.

Was thinking eventually using poly prop blocks with rubber coating