HybridZ

Removing rear quarter emblem

if you're asking about the round emblems behind the quarter windows then you gently pull them straight away from the body. there are 2 pins located at 9 and 3 oclock that push into the body. if need be sneak a credit card under the sides first to get a grip on it. pretty easy once you've done it.

i have a early 260z.. How do you remove the rear quarter emblems with out breaking them? I've done a search and nothing came up.

Thanks!

David, that sounds more like an early 240Z. I believe the late 71+ Zs all had 3 pin emblems, at 12 o'clock, and roughly 4:30 and 7:30. There's a slot at the bottom of the emblem, likely for drainage, but I used that to sort of pry at them to break them loose. Proceed with caution if you do that, it's probably not the proper way to do it.

another memory failure...aargh.

righto-had to check my 73. the pins are at 10, 2 and 6 for the round emblems and 3 & 6 for the series 1 cars.

thanks for the memory jog!

David, that sounds more like an early 240Z. I believe the late 71+ Zs all had 3 pin emblems, at 12 o'clock, and roughly 4:30 and 7:30. There's a slot at the bottom of the emblem, likely for drainage, but I used that to sort of pry at them to break them loose. Proceed with caution if you do that, it's probably not the proper way to do it.