Sleek Z

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know u guys are talking about the older Z's but those are the lights i bought to install in my 81 280zx , i have them know all i need is the time,LOL, i don't photo shop but when i do get them in i will post a photo , i am also shaving the bumper at the same time , maybe thats why its taking so long.

later bob

• 2 weeks later...
More pics Dan! That blue looks a mile deep, and I like the rear end treatment. In response to ON3GO, no LEDs here, I simply used the same tail lights I had chosen before, only this time I split them and then added another layer of red acrylic in over the tail light lenses. This layer is not a true prismatic acrylic, but instead came off an old Buick tail light cover that I cut, shaped, and polished for a smoother, more homogenous external appearance. Below is a photo of all the parts prior to assembly.

standard.jpg

when can we put this rear end into production? im sure some after market company would be happy to do it with all the Z attention.

I was wondering what a Newer mustang's Tail lights would look like on a Z, sorta like this, wondering if someone could photoshop them on a Z maybe??

54849d1225996627-choices-black-tail-light-trim-mustduals7561trlngwa-lexus.jpg

I'm "working" on this swap now. Here's a link to my current progress.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=146776&page=3

Knee surgery and home renovations have halted things but the major transplant surgery is complete. shouldn't be too long before it's all buttoned up.

• 4 weeks later...