HybridZ

RB26 engine installed 240z

datsun dave

• 1 month later...

What size wheels and tires are those? the Rears seem to fit perfect without any stretch and still have a decent sidewall. Love the color and flares too they look great.

Beautiful car..i will be doing an overseas build as well...great inspiration...can you comment on the wheel/tire set up?

Beautiful car..i will be doing an overseas build as well...great inspiration...can you comment on the wheel/tire set up?

Thanks for the comment wheels are Watanabe RS R-TYPE 16 x 8.5 with a 225 50 16 tyre on the front rears are 16 x 9.5 and a 255 50 16 tyre on standard size ZG overfenders

I also will be running a track day wheel and tyre set up with 15 x 8.5 on the fronts and 15 x 10 rears with racing tyres.

post-2288-047869200 1297067135_thumb.jpg

Pictures of the steering unit ECU and control box have also taken a picture of the installation diagram/layout and the control box functions if you need some more info please let me know i am going to talk with the chap that built it all for me to see if he will make some more and what the $ will be.

Any word on the price on the Electric steering unit? Or any more will be produced? I'm kind of interested in it!

Any word on the price on the Electric steering unit? Or any more will be produced? I'm kind of interested in it!

Yes he will make some more his web site is www.djs30.com and his name is Dave Jarman he has been building and racing Z for over 20 years i have bought lots of parts from him over the years and have alway found him very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bought some new turbos a set of GT2860-5 that are now installed my Nissan 200sx R200 diff is also fitted and car is going off this week to have a full stainless system made.

Will post up some new pictures later on in the week when I get the Z back.

im somewhat interested in upgrading my turbos too. I want to get it on the road as i have it now on the stock ones and see what happens, but i am thinking something more like the N1 spec turbos or something kinda to the small side. also questioning a small single to simplify the engine bay, but i dont know at this point. will the stock injectors feed 12psi on the stock turbos? 440cc

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Small update finding it hard to spend time on the car with work.

I had to have a 15mm alloy spacer made for the front new Garret GT2860-5 turbo as the original oil drain pipe was hitting the housing not allowing it to sit correct.

With running 3 AN-6 braided fuel lines (2 feed to the fuel rail and 1 return) i was unhappy with them in the gearbox tunnel so i have made a fuel line box from some 50mm x 50mm alloy box section for the 3 fuel lines to run in and it will sit under the car.

post-2288-052248800 1318263396_thumb.jpg

post-2288-038451500 1318263456_thumb.jpg

post-2288-015569900 1318263480_thumb.jpg

post-2288-076222000 1318263515_thumb.jpg