HybridZ

pictures of S30's with louvers

There's nothing fancy about it, perhaps even a hardware store? It's just a small latch like on a typical backyard fence.

It could be something like this:

My link

If the bracket was fastened on the inside of the louver, it would be more low profile.

but we need to be sure about a) size of hole for the bolt and B) height of connection from the body - you want the louvers to sit tight on body (with rubber weather stripping)

Also, I was thinking about putting a bit of rust inhibitor paint on the inside of the drilled holes on the body, then a dab of silicon before tightening. This would hopefully make them rust and weather proof.

Floorless, it depends on the condition and the amount of hardware you have to go with them. Also if they are the ones that bolt to the hatch or slip underneath the rubber seal. The ones that slip under the rubber seal and look flush can go from $50-150 from what I've seen. The other ones people just give away practically.

It could be something like this:

My link

If the bracket was fastened on the inside of the louver, it would be more low profile.

but we need to be sure about a) size of hole for the bolt and B) height of connection from the body - you want the louvers to sit tight on body (with rubber weather stripping)

Also, I was thinking about putting a bit of rust inhibitor paint on the inside of the drilled holes on the body, then a dab of silicon before tightening. This would hopefully make them rust and weather proof.

No, it's not just a bracket that you bolt down, it's like a gate latch, also known as a window bolt. However it is spring loaded in the shut position. The top of the louvers are on hinges so you can easily lift them up to clean the window.