HybridZ

Radio Removal

Hey all, I just pulled out my center console because is was broken and someone on this forum already called dibs on my stock radio. So the question now becomes, how do I separate the stupid thing from the center console.

1127101534.jpg

The center console bracket is sandwiched in place by the face plate and the radio casing. Like I said I already have this going to another member, so I want to get it out without damaging the thing. any advice would be great. Thanks.

Edited by muppet

gotcha, wasn't talking about selling. Another member contacted me about buying it, no sales pitch was made.

as for the radio though, I've been looking in my service manual and I can't find anything on this. Just curious if anyone has experience.

Be advised, selling items on this forum without becoming a donating member is prohibited.

Incorrect, you are not allowed to advert. things for sale without being a donating member. Nobody said you could not respond to wanted ads, also nobody said some one could not contact you about an item you have that they may be interested in purchascing.

There should be some small bolts holding the face plate onto the radio they are on the two brass switches, its sort of sandwiched on unbolt those bolts and everything should slide out backwards.

sweet! i'll go check that thing in the morning. Let you know what happens.

Incorrect, you are not allowed to advert. things for sale without being a donating member. Nobody said you could not respond to wanted ads, also nobody said some one could not contact you about an item you have that they may be interested in purchascing.

Good point, I wasn't thinking about that. Carry on :)

I guess when you see people jumping on here trying to circumvent the rules all the time, you get a little jumpy. Sorry!