HybridZ

Electrical Gremlins

Naroko

I have a 1977 280z, I have replaced the alternator, and voltage regulator but for some reason my battery keeps dieing? I have gone through 2 voltage regulators at auto zone now and they are both reading my alternator is good but my regulator is bad. The guy there said that is impossible that we gave you two voltage regulators one after the other that were bad. Has anyone had this battery draining problem before? Yes the battery is a good battery, its already been tested. I have checked all grounds and they seem fine as well.

i wouldnt trust a parts store to test a battery. best way is to load test it with a VAT. How old is the battery, and if it is servicable check the water levels. Cold weather is really hard on batteries. I have already replaced 3 or so at work once the weather turned cold. If you have a DMM available to you you can also see how much current your car draws with the key off.

• 1 month later...