HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

^^^ I agree 100% and was wondering the same, if it will clear the hoods constraints.

I gave him measurements of what hits and what doesnt, so hopefully it willnt but it sure looks like there is no way thats going to fit. Time will tell..

Pics are sort of deceiving. With the engine at its 10 degree slant the compressor sits 1 inch above the intake valve cover, should be ok.

You should just about clear the hood great thing about having a vented hood is I can remove the vents and can see into the engine bay I had to move my rad down or it would have dented !!!!

Do you want me to have a measure and take some pictures of under the bonnet when its closed ?

I should be ok. I took measurements of my rb26 and we compensated for the rb30 deck height. Thanks though.

Well I got bored today so i make an on engine tank for my GT cooling mod, instead of being firewall mounted.

7909653100_7ee18ff2d3_b.jpg

I really like your coolant mod. ever consider mass producing them?

I really like your coolant mod. ever consider mass producing them?

Well the only problem is that, at least this particular one, would be that it is engine specific as far as where the bungs where welded on your intake. I used (3) 45 degree bends off mine (8an) so there is no give or anything whatsoever being that they are bends and not flex hose or anything. If your bungs where 1/16 or less or so in a different spot it wouldnt line up. It really wasnt hard to make. All i did was got the 45 degree fittings and three bungs, screwed the bungs into the fittings and onto the manifold. put a plate across them to ensure best level/angle whatever, then put a 2" pipe and positioned it so i could get to the fittings to tighten them and still get my valve cover bolts off without taking this off. Then tacked the bungs in place and carefully took the fittings off, welded them in place, then drilled out the center of the bung with a drill bit. Then took 2.25" pipe and cut it out to fit around the 2" pipe so i could weld the radiator cap on. then welded the small bung on the bottom of the pipe in the front. Granted I think I overkilled it with the sizes when i made this thing in the first place. probably would be fine with 6an or even 4an bungs and a 8 or 10 return. I used 8an and 12an return.. But no overheating issues and im still running the stock thermostat...

Awesome build! Did Robbie build that exh manifold too? Might have to give him a ring... icon_mrgreen.gif

Yes he did Joel. Gotta love that exchange rate, when its in our favor.

Nice build! Don't be scared to run a bit more amperage on your aluminum welds, they look a bit cold.

None the less, great job!

Yea but you know what they say about fitment, the better fitment you have the better the weld looks. That and a pot of coffee and no breakfast is like tig welding with Parkinton's Disease. Im thinking about trading in my miller syngro 200 for a dynasty or something with some frequency control.

About 6 six weeks probably. Having issues trying to get some custom pistons. Robbie usually use flat top pistons in his builds but my head is a little bigger so im going with a piston that has a 6.7cc dome that should put me around a 8.4:1. The block is ready and waiting for them. Then shipping is about 4-5 weeks :(